|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
As one system trash/privacy cleaning tool, on Windows, CCleaner has already unified almost the whole PC world for long. Especially when it could work with Winapp2.ini, BleachBit just can’t compete with it. Therefore, BleachBit’s main market is still in the numerous Linux distributions, and in fact, it does very well.
There is no doubt that, Linux and other Unix-like OS’s file system is better than Windows’. This means it usually generates much less junk files in short term, which is especially important for long running servers. But it will still generate some trash files worth to be removed.
With BleachBit this cleaner formerly specially designed for Linux systems, you can easily and fast clean/delete junk & privacy files like cache, history, logs, cookies, temporary files and many other unwanted files from thousands of 3rd party software (via Winapp2.ini extension), so as to free more disk space and improve system performance or even protect your privacy to some extent.
In addition to simple deleting of junk files, BleachBit also contains some other advanced features like shredding files to prevent recovery, securely erasing the confidential contents or free space on a drive, etc.
// Key Features //
- Simple operation
- Multi-platform support
- 100% free to use
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- No adware, spyware, malware, or browser toolbars
- Multiple languages support (61 languages)
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable version for Windows
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Automatically import and update winapp2.ini cleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 2500+ additional cleaners
- Frequent software updates with new features
// Prompts //
BleachBit provides rpm and deb binary packages suitable for Linux distros including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Linux Mint, RHEL, SLE, Ubuntu, openSUSE… As for other Linux users, you can choose the BleachBit source code package.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //