Modifying the data in memory can be not only used to decode/hack software, also used to hack all kinds of games (especially PC games and emulator based video games). Cheat Engine (CE for short) can make one game easier or more difficult, in other words, that’s to be more suitable for you (but not necessarily to be more interesting)! Its principle is – the memory debugging/hacking.
Cheat Engine is a memory modifying, editing toolkit (including hexadecimal editor, disassembler, memory searching tool, etc.), which allows you to find and change games’ data in memory, so as to achieve the purpose of modifying the data in game, in order to obtain some additional abilities. Compared with similar tools, its superior places lie in its powerful disassembly capability, as well as the built-in add-on creator (standalone trainers – can operate independently of Cheat Engine).
BTW, due to the ways of modification are not intuitive enough, a lot of entry level players don’t know how to get started with Cheat Engine. In this case, you have to go to learn its official tutorials.
// Simple Tutorials //
On the whole, the use of Cheat Engine is not very complicated:
- Open a game
- Run Cheat Engine and click the computer icon at the top left corner
- Choose the game process from a pop up box
- Then select the scan type and value type
- Perform scanning and start to modify…
Modify memory data:
- Run CE
- Start a game
- Open the game process
- Search a value for the first time
- Return to game, increase or reduce this value
- Go back to CE, search the increased or reduced value
- Repeat step 5 and 6, until get one or few results
- Among these results, decide which one is the real one
- Modify this value or lock it
- Run CE
- Select the file to be edited
- Find the address, value or strings to be modified
- Change the value and save file
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
PPSSPP (short for PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably) is a cross-platform and open-source emulator originally created by Henrik Rydgård (AKA: hrydgard, one of the main members in the ...
Making image textualized is a cool thing, that's using plenty of text characters (numbers, letters, special symbols...) to piece together a whole image. The manual process will be like trying ...
JPCSP (short for Java PSP) is the first one PlayStation Portable (PSP) emulator designed for PC, with which we can play PSP games on the computer. Along with its biggest rival - PPSSPP, ...
Audacity is an open-source and cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) live audio recording and editing freeware. It is developed under Linux, has a point-and-shoot operation interface and professional audio processing functions ...
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (ANA Dracula Densetsu II, ドラキュラ伝説II, The Legend of Dracula II) is the second Castlevania work released for Game Boy by Japan's KONAMI in 1991 (as a sequel ...
QEMU (short for Quick Emulator) is a free and open-source processor emulator widely used on GNU/Linux platform, written by Fabrice Bellard from France. It primarily converts the binary code written for ...
Battle Garegga (AKA: バトルガレッガ, Batoru Garegga), the first time I played this arcade shooting game was about 2000. Since then, I've been searching for it until today. Just because I ...
CHM Editor is an intuitive, lightweight WYSIWYG CHM file editor. With it, you can quickly create, edit, translate (localize), decompile and convert .chm files (HTML help files). Its use is ...
In this post, AppNee will continue to release all kinds of popular, long-tested password dictionaries with very high quality. All of them are proven by users from all over the ...
IconsExtract is an icon resource extraction applet, it allows to scan all files and folders in your PC, and then extracts the icons and mouse styles stored in EXE, DLL, ...
[v1.4.2] PPSSPP – Best and free PSP emulator
HTML Image Page Generator – Convert image to
JPCSP – The first and fully functional PSP
Audacity – Best free multi-track live audio recorder
[GB] Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge ROM + Emulator
QEMU – Complete, independent and fast processor simulator
[MAME] Battle Garegga ROM + Emulator download
[v3.1.0] CHM Editor – Popular CHM file editor
[01.14] All Password List, Dictionary collection for various
IconsExtract – Extract hidden icon resources from EXE/DLL/OCX/CPL
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.