For beginners using Windows who are interested in the C/C++ language (anyway, you need to compile your C/C++ programs) or Linux embedded system development, the big headache is switching back and forth between Windows & Linux. Even you have to continuously reboot system in order to achieve the purpose, very troublesome. Cygwin just solved this problem.
Cygwin (short for GNU + Cygnus + Windows) is a UNIX-like simulation environment running on Windows platform began in 1995. It was developed and released as freeware by Cygnus Solutions company (their another famous tool eCos had been acquired by Redhat). It’s pretty useful for developers who are using Windows but want to learn UNIX/Linux operating environment, study C/C++ language, port apps from UNIX to Windows, or perform special development work, and especially use the GNU tool sets to start with embedded systems development on Windows.
Cygwin is so powerful because she has the library that can be called Unix functions from. Once the software installation is completed, you can call the Microsoft Win32 API functions and Cygwin API functions to write 32-bit console or GUI applications. In that case, your Windows can be linked with Unix programs effectively without too much change.
Of course, this tool can also be used to develop many GNU software. In addition, even if this tool itself is not very useful for you, yet you’re probably interested in so many standard Unix tools it contained.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
Acronis True Image (ATI for short) is an almighty clone/backup & restore/recovery utility working well under both Windows desktop and PE (Preinstallation Environment) with ultra fast speed, high compression ratio and ...
If I tell you the publication date of this book is 1999, and has only one edition, many beginner readers will be dismissive that I can imagine. But pleae note, whether ...
ViGlance can be seen as the ultimate upgrade solution for your Windows XP to simulate the Windows 7's superbar perfectly (super taskbar).
As currently Microsoft's best system following after XP, Windows ...
Are you a C# beginner for creating Windows applications? Or are you looking for an excellent C# learning guide in order to not be led astray? AppNee thinks your only best ...
JoyToKey (AKA: Joy2Key) is a keyboard/mouse-to-game controllers (i.e.: joystick/joypad) input emulating/mapping tiny app from Japan. With this tool's help, we can operate many Windows software (especially play all kinds of online/offline games ...
QEMU (short for Quick Emulator) is a free and open-source processor emulator widely used on GNU/Linux platform, written by Fabrice Bellard from France. It primarily converts the binary code written for ...
Inno Setup is a free Windows Installer authoring tool, compact, easy-to-use and efficient are its biggest characteristics. It includes the script wizard, which will guide you to easily make an ...
Templates have been proven to be one of the most powerful features in C++, but often overlooked, misunderstood and even misused. As one of the five classics for C & C++, ...
Beginning C# 6 Programming with Visual Studio 2015 is a latest step-by-step beginner's guide for learning the C# and .NET Framework programming techniques using Visual Studio 2015 from scratch. It can ...
WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) provides a complete development framework for building apps with high-quality user interface on Windows. This also gives an unprecedented opportunity to you to make full use ...
[v21.0] Acronis True Image – #1 ultra-fast system/partition
Essential C++ Perfect HD PDF, CHM download
ViGlance – Perfectly simulate Windows 7 taskbar on
Beginning Visual C# 2012 Programming HD PDF, EPUB
[v6.0 B] JoyToKey – Use joystick to emulate
QEMU – Complete, independent and fast processor simulator
Inno Setup – Create a professional Windows Installer
C++ Templates: The Complete Guide CHM, PDF
[Final] Beginning C# 6 Programming with Visual Studio
Pro WPF 4.5 in C#/VB, 4th Edition HD
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.