EasyBCD is free (for non-commercial/personal usage), very powerful and extremely user-friendly utility (completely get rid of the cumbersome and lengthy commands in Windows built-in BCDEdit, instead, just a few mouse clicks), which has become the only designated tool that can fix the startup problems of dual/multiple systems (Windows + Windows/Linux/Mac OS/BSD… ) instantaneously.
As a system booting manager, not only can EasyBCD repair the boot menu, also enables a computer to start up from a bootable file. That is to say, we are still able to install an OS even without a CD/DVD drive equipped. In addition, EasyBCD also provides many other practical and convenient features, like Automated MBR Backup. In this case, users can save each change of system startup options, and select the appropriate backup to make a quick recovery when a start-up failure happens.
In the course of long-term use, AppNee lives through a variety of combinations between Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and some popular Linux distributions (including Red Hat Linux, Fedora, Cyborg Linux, Kali Linux, BackTrack Linux, Veket, Tiny Core Linux, Android-x86…). But for each of Multi-OS boot failures, the eventual solution and steps are all the same:
- Boot into Windows PE, use DiskGenius to fix Windows MBR – in order to be able to boot into Windows again
- Under Windows, use EasyBCD to add the existing boot partition of Linux as a new boot menu. All done!
Just two steps above, you can repair almost any boot failures of Windows & Linux dual-boot OS combinations with ease. I can responsibly tell you – there is no much easier or more rapid method, even if you are a Windows or Linux expert! For AppNee, the recently fixed dual-boot OS combination with boot failure is: Windows 8.1 + CentOS 7, of which the CentOS 7 uses the GRUB2 – which will forcibly overwrite the Windows’ MBR sector and cause Windows can’t start up!
My laptop doesn’t support the installation of a Mac OS, so we can’t do similar guarantees. But after all, Mac OS is also a Unix-like OS, therefore EasyBCD’s effect on it is predictable.
// Key Features //
||Windows, Linux, Mac, & BSD! Boot both from and into USB drives, ISO images, virtual disks, and more.
||Create bootable USB sticks with repair utilities that you can take with you anywhere.
|Protect against disaster
||Create entries to boot into recovery utilities or safe mode to prepare for a rainy day.
||Add, rename, remove, configure, and reorder entries at whim.
|Solve difficult problems
||Use EasyBCD to troubleshoot Windows, back up and repair the boot loader, and more.
|Powerful scripting with NeoGrub
||You’ll have the power to hide partitions, change active flags, and create complex boot scenarios.
// Prompts //
- You’d better always use the latest version, in case EasyBCD could not support the OS you’re using and result in a boot failure
- If want to boot a Windows 7, you’d better use EasyBCD 2.0+
- You can set the low-level boot options in ‘Advanced Settings’ tab. For example, if you need to boot Windows XP and Windows 7, then you should install EasyBCD under Windows 7 and set Windows XP’s boot option. Otherwise, a boot failure will occur and Windows XP can’t start
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
The causes of loss of data are nothing else than the following several common ones: accidentally deleted files/folders; formatted some partition or the entire hard drive (which often happens during ...
Alien Skin Software's BlowUp is a ultra-high-quality and pretty handy nondestructive image zooming tool released as Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom's filter plugin and standalone application. Its powerful features even leave many similar software (such as BenVista ...
Atlas of Human Anatomy (AKA: Atlas d'anatomie humaine) can be regarded as the world's most complete atlas of anatomy with unsurpassed depictions of the human body. It was specially written for ...
Watercolor, ink brushes have long been a favorite on works of font design, poster design, game original painting... With these brushes in hand, a gentle brushstroke can realize the grandiose ...
Hosts Editor, as the name implies, it is a lightweight (500 KB) and practical hosts file managing utility, which can fast and conveniently open and manage the hosts file, including ...
Sometimes we want to merge multiple scattered video clips into a big video file, for ease of storage, management or publish, share. In this case, we need a professional software to ...
When the disk space is tight, in addition to using some common tools to clean junk files automatically. But we also need to manually delete some huge files/folders as necessary, ...
If you are using dual or more displays, you are likely to encounter the following challenges:
How to set different wallpapers or screen savers for two or multiple monitors
Undoubtedly, SRS Audio Essentials is the only best and ultimate audio enhancement software for personal computer. It can not only provide very clear stunning surround sound effects and mega bass effects, ...
Screen2EXE is a very handy screen recording freeware with unique super-high compression algorithm. It enables users to record every step of operation on the screen (including the mouse movements, mouse ...
[v5.2.1] Recover My Files – Popular data recovery
[v3.1.0] Alien Skin Blow Up – Extremely excellent
Atlas of Human Anatomy All Editions HD PDF
25 Beautiful Watercolor/Ink brush sets for Photoshop in
BlueLife Hosts Editor – Handy and intuitive hosts
Boilsoft Video Joiner – Easy and ultra fast
[v6.3.1] TreeSize Professional – Visual disk space analyzer
[v8.1.2] DisplayFusion Pro – Completely control your single
SRS Audio Essentials – Ultimate audio effects enhancer
SCREEN2EXE – Record and convert screen demo to
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.