|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
Touch on upon the FTP upload/download tool, I think most friends will think of those old FlashFXP, CuteFTP, SmartFTP and LeapFTP, etc. But at the present, perhaps we have already felt no strange for FileZilla, which is worthy of a rising star.
FileZilla is a free, open-source and cross-platform (that means you can run it on Windows, Linux and Mac) FTP client/server software. Although free, yet its performance is not ambiguous at all, and goes even farther than those commercial shareware. Its controllability, systematic UI and simple way of managing multiple sites, especially its transmission speed – nothing short of magic, as its biggest characteristic.
BTW, with FileZilla Server edition you can even set up a FTP server by yourself.Overall, FileZilla is an outstanding freeware FTP client/server.
// Key Features //
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
// Download URLs //