FreeFileSync is an open source file/folder comparison and synchronization freeware with visual, clear and friendly UI, specially designed for assisting data backup on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
In general, FreeFileSync has two major features. The first one is file synchronization function, which can perform one-way or two-way synchronization between the specified two folders. It allows us to filter files, choose “include” or “exclude” filter type, and define the file types need to filter. All depends on personal needs.
Another important feature is to compare files in different folders. But this function is more suitable to use before synchronization. The results of comparison will be directly shown in the list, convenient to check. As a consequence, you will be clear about whether some files need for synchronization or not, so as to save time and system resource.
// Key Features //
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Full support for Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Support long path names > 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy
- Cross-platform: Windows/Linux
- Expand environment variables like %USERPROFILE%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- Local and portable installation
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking serializes multiple jobs running against the same network share
- … and more
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
FLV Extract is an open-source and freeware, with small size, no installation required, you might as well have a try. You will find it is a simple, easy, fast and ...
Cyborg Linux (AKA: Cyborg Hawk) is a Ubuntu (currently the most popular Unix-like OS) based penetration testing Linux distro, specially designed for hackers or cyber security experts to perform all ...
At present we have so many music player software to choose on PC, almost each of them try its best to show all kinds of fancy function, they even make ...
Restoration is a primary data recovery software, portable, free of charge, and very small, only about 160 KB. Its main usage is to restore the important files which had been removed ...
GTD (short for Getting Things Done) this time-management/self-management method was put forward by David Allen (in the field of developing potentials of individuals and companies, he is widely considered to ...
Trials 2 Second Edition is a sports game fully demonstrate the motorcycle stunt, player's goal is to drive your motorbike through up to 65 hurdle races with different difficulties, during ...
Parallels Desktop for Mac is an extremely excellent virtual machine software running on Mac OS - proven, trusted and widely praised. It allows users to easily, seamlessly run Windows, Linux ...
Belarc Advisor is a small tool limited to personal free use. It can build a detailed profile for your Windows system, installed software and hardware configuration, updated Microsoft hotfixes, as well ...
Ultrastar Deluxe is a free and open-source karaoke entertainment application for PC users, its inspiration comes from the SingStar music video game provided by SONY PlayStation console. It allows up ...
Notepad++ (also called Notepad plus plus) is a very distinctive open-source pure text editor. Its function is much stronger than the Windows built-in Notepad editor, besides can be used to ...
FLV Extract – Extract video or audio from
Cyborg Linux – More advanced, beautiful and poweful
BeoPlayer – High-fidelity freeware audio player from Bang
Restoration – Quickly recover deleted files
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
Trials 2 Second Edition Portable Full Version download
[v12.1] Parallels Desktop – Only best virtual machine
Belarc Advisor – Your private personal PC information
UltraStar Deluxe – A PC clone of the
Notepad++ (NPP) – A good helper for programmers
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.