After using Ghost to backup a partition/disk (primarily operation system or data), you may encounter some problems like this: forgot to include some files, need to remove some unnecessary files, or some files should not have been backup, and so on. Similarly, if a .gho file was downloaded from Internet, we may also need to modify some files inside or just extract some files for use.
Undoubtedly, it is always unwise and inefficient to remake a backup just because of these minor reasons. In this case, Symantec’s Ghost Explorer (GhostExp for short) can help you complete this task very smoothly, and then you can have the finished Ghost (.gho) file re-encapsulated into a satisfactory one.
Ghost Explorer is originally a built-in tool of Symantec Ghost (as a separate utility), which allows you to view, add, delete, launch and extract files from a Ghost image (.gho) file just like operating common files/folders in the File Explorer. It supports different partition types from FAT16 to NTFS and Linux Ext2/3.
// Main Applications //
- Update image file
- Split image file
- Defrag image file
- Recover part of image file
// Key Features //
- View image file contents and save a list of files within an image file
- Extract files or directories from an image file
- Add, move, copy, delete, and launch files from and within an image file
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Span sizes can be set
- Add/edit description of image
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the Ghost Explorer portable full versions for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, in English and Chinese languages separately.
// Prompts //
- Ghost Explorer has the ability to determine whether a .gho file is damaged or not. When it opens a ghost image file, if you are prompted with message like “please select the file in the last section of image file”, the means this .gho file has been damaged
- If Ghost Explorer could not perform actions like delete, add to GHO internal files, that is usually because that GHO file was set ‘Read-only’ attribute (for this, all what you need to do is uncheck the GHO file’s ‘Read-only’ attribute), or you used a virtual drive to load the GHO file (in this case, just copy the GHO file to local drive and then open it).
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
Webcam Viewer (AKA: WebcamViewer) is a tiny free app help you quickly view your webcam and take screenshots through your desired integrated or USB webcam in Windows.
// Key Features //
Oscar's MultiMon TaskBar is a freeware specially designed for windows switching among multiple monitors.
Because need of my work, generally I have to open two displays: laptop's built-in and external desktop ...
Easy File Locker (EFL for short) is a very compact and user-friendly file/folder all-round protection (locking, hiding, etc.). Any file/folder protected by it will not be able to be accessed, no ...
OneKey Ghost is a very practical and necessary freeware utility, based on the powerful but discontinued Symantec Norton Ghost 11.x (equivalent to its Windows desktop GUI). With which you can ...
Bad sector (bad track) is one of the most common failures of mechanical hard disk (HDD), which usually characterizes hard disk reads/writes slow, system prompts "... I/O error", program gives "cyclic redundancy check ...
IconsExtract is an icon resource extraction applet, it allows to scan all files and folders in your PC, and then extracts the icons and mouse styles stored in EXE, DLL, ...
USBDeview is a portable and free USB device scanning, viewing and managing applet, used to quickly check all the related information of USB devices (currently connected or previously used) on ...
ProcessKO is a tiny and simple free app specially designed for instantly/regularly and forcibly killing/terminating the running stubborn or dangerous programs/processes (especially those can not be killed through 'End task' in ...
APK-Info is a simple but quite practical tiny freeware designed to view the detailed information of Andoird APK installation package and rename APK app under Windows. It was originially created by ZoSTeR from ...
Foxit PDF Editor is the earliest pioneer and truly WYSIWYG PDF file editing software. Does not like other so-called "PDF editor" which could only modify the annotation and the very limited page ...
Webcam Viewer – Simple, quick webcam viewer for
MultiMon TaskBar – Fast and easy switch among
Easy File Locker – Fully protect personal files
[v126.96.36.199] OneKey Ghost – Easiest, fastest way to
[v4.47] Victoria – Professional hard disk bad track
IconsExtract – Extract hidden icon resources from EXE/DLL/OCX/CPL
USBDeview – USB devices logger, viewer and manager
ProcessKO – Really powerful and effective process killer
APK-Info – Android APK file info viewer &
Foxit PDF Editor – First and only tiny
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.