It isn’t unusual to automatically change the desktop wallpaper using software (even it has built in this function since Windows 7). However, one characteristic of John’s Background Switcher (JBS for short) is that it combines the montage style of photo wall effects with wallpaper’s layout. This undoubtedly makes the desktop wallpaper get the greatest degree of personalization, which is also the function many users have been looking for!
Another important feature of John’s Background Switcher is: it can maximize the pictures source – the wallpaper images can come from local hard drive, web album or online image storage service like Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Phanfare, SmugMug, VladStudio, Picasa or even Google/Yahoo image search engine and RSS subscription, which is currently unparallel for the vast majority of similar software.
In addition to customizing the wallpaper switch frequency, choosing from a variety of special transition effects, and support of shortcuts, John’s Background Switcher also allows you to specify if need stop the wallpaper switching function when running some programs (like some large software and games, such as to save system resources). Meanwhile, for users with multiple monitors, one of its caring features is to display different wallpapers on different monitors. As a result, you can avoid the baldness of using a single wallpaper for multiple displays!
// Support Picture Source //
You can specify which pictures to choose from:
- Individual pictures on your computer.
- Folders containing pictures on your computer such as ‘My Pictures’.
- Flickr photo sharing – selecting pictures by person, tags, sets or just plain random. You never know what you’re going to get next!
- Facebook – your Facebook photos on your desktop!
- Instagram – photos from the most awesome photo app out there!
- Vladstudio wallpapers – choose from the coolest wallpapers on the net!
- 500px – the best high quality photography site on the web!
- Any Media RSS feed – choose pictures from sites like DeviantArt, Photobucket, LOLCatsand Tumblr blogs among many others!
- Phanfare web albums – keep up to date with your friends and family.
- smugmug photo galleries – yours, your friends, anybody’s!
- Pixabay – the best place to find royalty free photos on the net.
- Last.fm – see the music you listen to on your desktop!
- Dropbox – your stuff, anywhere, and now on your desktop too!
// Supported OS //
- All Windows platforms (both 32-bit & 64-bit)
// Edition Statement //
John’s Background Switcher is only free for Windows now, not for Mac OS.
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
Because early Windows OS (especially before Windows 7) exists inherent defects on RAM management mechanism. As a result, it's quite common to slow down after running for some time or ...
eMule used to be the largest and most trusted free P2P file sharing client developed by Hendrik Breitkreuz from Germany. It was started in 2002 as an alternative of eDonkey2000 (AKA: eD2k) based on eDonkey Network, retained ...
UEFI is unknown for most PC users, to fully understand it, you can use Google. Or you can also simply see it as a substitute of BIOS, which is much more ...
At present we have so many music player software to choose on PC, almost each of them try its best to show all kinds of fancy function, they even make ...
GiMeSpace Desktop Extender is a free virtual desktop/window manager. It serves to extend our fixed desktop size indefinitely in the horizontal direction, in order to give us enough additional space.
Compared with the ...
Sega Saturn (SS for short) is Sega's sixth generation of home video game console (32-bit), hence, they named it with the name of the sixth planet 'Saturn' in Solar System. At that time, the most ...
Design and fashion, in AppNee's opinion, this kind of things are always in a loop. Take the flat style design became popular again for example, it made our Windows user ...
Ashampoo Snap is an old-brand and powerful screenshot & screen capture tool from Germany, if you are already getting fed up with TechSmith's Snagit on Windows, then try Ashampoo Snap's ...
Mp3tag is a lightweight, universal (supports 15+ audio formats) audio file ID3-Tag info editor. It's specially designed to help user to fast edit all ID3 info in music file in batch, including ...
Citra (ANA: eMu3Ds) is currently the only still living 3DS emulator for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (written in C++ and open source) that can can run partial 3DS ...
RamCleaner – Handy RAM releaser and manager for
eMuleTorrent – eD2k & Torrent universal downloader
EasyUEFI – EFI boot option & system partition
BeoPlayer – High-fidelity freeware audio player from Bang
GiMeSpace Desktop Extender – Infinitely extend desktop in
[v0.12] SSF – Best Sega Saturn emulator for
78 free, high-quality seamless and editable vector textures
[v10.0.1] Ashampoo Snap – Best alternative to TechSmith’s
[v2.81] Mp3tag – Best audio file universal ID3
Citra – Existing best free and cross-platform Nintendo
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.