|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
It isn’t unusual to automatically change the desktop wallpaper using software (even it has built in this function since Windows 7). However, one characteristic of John’s Background Switcher (JBS for short) is that it combines the montage style of photo wall effects with wallpaper’s layout. This undoubtedly makes the desktop wallpaper get the greatest degree of personalization, which is also the function many users have been looking for!
Another important feature of John’s Background Switcher is: it can maximize the pictures source – the wallpaper images can come from local hard drive, web album or online image storage service like Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Phanfare, SmugMug, VladStudio, Picasa or even Google/Yahoo image search engine and RSS subscription, which is currently unparallel for the vast majority of similar software.
In addition to customizing the wallpaper switch frequency, choosing from a variety of special transition effects, and support of shortcuts, John’s Background Switcher also allows you to specify if need stop the wallpaper switching function when running some programs (like some large software and games, such as to save system resources). Meanwhile, for users with multiple monitors, one of its caring features is to display different wallpapers on different monitors. As a result, you can avoid the baldness of using a single wallpaper for multiple displays!
// Support Picture Source //
You can specify which pictures to choose from:
- Individual pictures on your computer.
- Folders containing pictures on your computer such as ‘My Pictures’.
- Flickr photo sharing – selecting pictures by person, tags, sets or just plain random. You never know what you’re going to get next!
- Facebook – your Facebook photos on your desktop!
- Instagram – photos from the most awesome photo app out there!
- Vladstudio wallpapers – choose from the coolest wallpapers on the net!
- 500px – the best high quality photography site on the web!
- Any Media RSS feed – choose pictures from sites like DeviantArt, Photobucket, LOLCatsand Tumblr blogs among many others!
- Phanfare web albums – keep up to date with your friends and family.
- smugmug photo galleries – yours, your friends, anybody’s!
- Pixabay – the best place to find royalty free photos on the net.
- Last.fm – see the music you listen to on your desktop!
- Dropbox – your stuff, anywhere, and now on your desktop too!
// Supported OS //
- All Windows platforms (both 32-bit & 64-bit)
// Edition Statement //
John’s Background Switcher is only free for Windows now, not for Mac OS.
// Download URLs //