|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
MonoDevelop (AKA: Xamarin Studio) is a free, open-source and cross-platform C# & other .NET languages IDE for rapid development of desktop & web applications on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X, and easily porting .NET applications onto Linux or Mac OS X platform from Windows.
MonoDevelop is written in C# and mainly focuses on the development of Mono and .NET Framework software. It comes with many key features from NetBeans, Eclipse and Microsoft Visual Studio, including intellisense (automatic code completion), source control, GUI, built-in Web designer. At present, it supports programming languages like Python, Vala, C, C++, C#, D, F#, Java, Oxygene, Boo, Nemerle, Visual Basic .NET, CIL, etc. Moreover, it also integrates a GTK# GUI designer. And best of all, if you are using the C#, you can enjoy the visual designer integrated with GTK#. Until now, this has been the only IDE that integrates a visual designer under GNOME, and even the Anjuta doesn’t support this feature.
In fact, MonoDevelop is originally a branch of the successful open-source IDE SharpDevelop (part of the developers in Mono community ported SharpDevelop onto Linux – changed the base code from System.Windows.Forms to GTK#), as a consequence, its framework is roughly the same as SharpDevelop. But now, in fact, they have completely chosen the different directions. Because MonoDevelop almost always focuses on Mono projects, which are currently maintained by the Novell and Mono communities.
// Key Features //
- Multi-platform IDE and user projects (Linux, Windows and macOS)
- Multi-language (C#, F#, Visual Basic .NET, C/C++, Vala)
- Project templates for C#, Visual Basic, Boo, Java (IKVM) and C/C++
- Code completion support for C#, code templates, code folding
- Customizable window layouts, user defined key bindings, external tools
- Integrated Debugger for debugging Mono and native applications
- Integrated Compiler (supports upto C# 6.0)
- GTK# Visual Designer to graphically build GTK# user interfaces
- ASP.NET web projects with code completion support and testing on XSP (Mono web server).
- Source control, makefile integration, unit testing, packaging and deployment, localization
// System Requirements //
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //