Sometimes, looking at the foobar2000 or other similar audio player with white characters on black background, I’m often curious about what program the people in the DOS time use to play music? What they look like?And I’m always a guy who misses the past, miss the classic.
So I just made a search in Google, then found Mpxplay, tried for a while, felt it quite interesting. For users with no special requirements, such audio player actually will be enough. Especially for enthusiasts who go after the performance and resource-saving alternative software, Mpxplay maybe makes them enjoyable.
As a lightweight, free and open source music player, Mpxplay already can support a wide variety of common audio file formats and playlists. The official site provides two editions (Commander-style console edition for DOS and Win32 operating systems; GUI edition for Windows 7 and higher with DShow video playing and translucent window effect) and several visual plugins for customization. Just choose as you like.
Maybe some folks will ask how the sound quality of this player is? The experience has taught us – in fact that really depends on the price (quality) of your earphone or loudspeaker and the quality of the music itself! Believe me, most of time it has little to do with the player software.
// Supported Files //
- Audio: AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, MP2/MP3, MPC, VORBIS, WMA, WV and CDW (Audio CD ripp’n’play); with plugins: DTS, MOD, SPEEX
- Containers: AIF, ASF (WMA/WMV), AVI, MP4 (M4A), OGG, WAV, W64
- Playlists: M3U, M3U8, PLS, FPL, CUE, MXU
// Prompts //
For more settings and parameters, please refer to the MPXPLAY.INI configuration file and the text files under DOCS folder – which all can be opened with Notepad!
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
GIF Viewer is a tiny open-soure freeware written in C# coming with two major functions:
View GIF animation in customized speed
Extract each frame of GIF animation and save them as ...
With the classic MPC (Media Player Classic) and powerful MPC-HC (Home Cinema), why do we need this MPC-BE (Black Edition) that mainly developed by Russian programmers separated from the MPC-HC ...
In some cases, we may need to enlarge an image in order to see its more details. For high-definition pictures, if just zoom in several times, its quality can still ...
Anki is a friendly, intelligent spaced (word card) learning system based on the Spaced Repetition theory. It's free and open source, with which you can remember anything, anywhere and efficiently.
The name ...
Just enjoys great popularity all over the world as KMPlayer, GOM Media Player (full name: Grand Old Man player, also called GomPlayer) is another excellent all-around freeware video player and audio player ...
Mari0 is a free, open source complete recreation of Super Mario developed by Stabyourself. It combined the classic elements of Super Mario Bros. (1985) with Portal (2007), making the classic ...
Dolphin is currently the only best game emulator for Nintendo GameCube, Wii and Triforce game consoles on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android platforms (both 32-bit & 64-bit). Moreover, ...
Who Moved My Cheese? tells a simple and interesting fable (but full of truth with profound moral about changes in people's lives), conceived by the American writer Spencer Johnson in ...
Tealy & Orangey is a 8-bit high skilled small puzzle game with pixel & retro styles. In a total of 20 levels, the game controls require you to have a ...
dj photo viewer is a minimalist slide show style 3D photo viewer, only 27kb. Just as simple yet cute as VJPEG, very suitable for quietly enjoy your family or collected photos.
GIF Viewer – View, extract and save each
MPC-BE – It is slowly replacing the position
SmillaEnlarger – Easy, fast and high-quality non-lossy image
Anki – Make remembering things easier
GOM Media Player – One of two world’s
Mari0 – Warp Gate/Portal Edition of Super Mario
Dolphin – Best Wii and GameCube emulator for
Who Moved My Cheese? HD PDF, EPUB, MOBI,
Tealy & Orangey – Double-brain collaboration + accuracy
dj photo viewer – Tiny 3D cube photo
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.