OSHE: Hosts Editor (short for Online Solutions Hosts Editor) is a simple, convenient and practical hosts file visual viewer and editor.
// Key Features //
- two viewing modes (table and text) for fast and efficient comprehension of the hosts file info
- instant recovery of the default hosts file if undesirable records have been added to it
- indication of date and time of the latest modifications in the hosts file
- comfortable search in all viewing modes
- user’s ability to set ‘Read Only’ file protection
- completely free
The hosts file (without extension name) is in the “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc” folder. We usually have to go to this directory and open it with notepad for editing. In terms of the most common application of the hosts file is to block all kinds of ads or web sites.
Its working principle is to associate the IP Address and the Host (domain name) as a pair, in order to realize a quick access to the specific website. But when we are going to specify the IP Address of any Host (website) to ‘127.0.0.1’, then this website will not be able to connect or access (i.e. blocked by our computer), so as to realize the purpose of shielding the corresponding URL.
// Edition Statement //
This is the OSHE: Hosts Editor v220.127.116.1176 Final version.
// Related Links //
hpHosts is a community managed and maintained hosts file that allows an additional layer of protection against access to ad, tracking and malicious websites.
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
ABBYY FineReader is an OCR word processing software from Russia, which can scan/convert the static paper or electronic documents into manageable electronic data, thereby saves a lot of time and ...
WAN IP VIEWER is a tiny (only 22 KB) freeware utility which will instantly let you know what exactly your current WAN (Wide Area Network) IP address is (i.e. your actual, ...
Acme CAD Converter is an excellent, all-around CAD drawing files manager from China, which can perform operations like viewing, printing, converting, repairing, packaging, transforming, replacing fonts to CAD files in ...
First of all, as a complete PDF solution, in a way, you can see Soda PDF as one of the best alternatives of Adobe's Acrobat (more outstanding and lightweight). Almost ...
Dr.Batcher is a simple and intelligent batch file editor from Russia. It can help you quickly create Windows Batch Scripting file (.bat & .cmd formats) and allows to directly convert it ...
As is well-known, AutoCAD is a very popular 3D modeling software, which has a wide range of applications. But its size is much amazing, if you just need to browse ...
Half-Open Limit Fix (short for HOLF) is free and effective patch from Russia specially designed for removing the maximum connection limitation of TCP/IP half-open. In consequence, it will effectively improve the concurrence ...
For guys who like to collect and enjoy various hilarious/funny GIF images, one probable trouble is - there seems to be no suitable image browser specially designed for viewing the ...
Font Viewer is a Windows 32-bit fonts management utility, it can be used to display, compare, install and remove the Fonts. This application is very capable and vigorous, as a ...
Zeal is a free and open source offline documentation browser specially designed for programmers/coders on Windows and Linux. It's inspired from Dash on Mac OS X, developed using Qt, simple ...
[v12.0.101] ABBYY FineReader – Most famous and powerful
WAN IP Viewer – View your current external/real
[v8.8.6] Acme CAD Converter – Full-featured DWG file
[v8.0.51] Soda PDF – Simple and smart advanced
[v2.3.3] Dr.Batcher – Most powerful BAT and CMD
Free DWG Viewer – Standalone AutoCAD DWG/DWF/DXF files
Half-open limit fix – Remove Windows TCP/IP maximum
InViewer – Lighter and faster GIF animated picture
Font Viewer – Easily manage all the fonts
Zeal – AIO offline API documentation browser for
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.