|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
For any video game PC emulator player, if you already knew the best PSOne emulator is ePSXe, then you also must know the best one for PlayStation 2. Right, that is PCSX2, an open source and free PS2 emulator for Windows, Mac and Linux.
PCSX2 is the world’s first and only best PS2 emulator that can successfully emulate the commercial games on PlayStation 2 game console (among the tested 2600 + games, more than 95% of them are playable). The first version 0.026 was released on March 23, 2002. After more than ten years of development, especially the release of the important and watershed upgraded version 1.0.0 (now it’s v1.2.1). Using PCSX2 to run PS2 games at full speed is no longer a distant dream now, even computers with low configuration can run a lot of PS2 games very smoothly.
Under PCSX2 official team’s efforts, PCSX2 got a quick update, which has undergone multiple versions of improvements. For now, it has been close to a perfect emulation of the whole PlayStation 2 platform, and especially has obtained larger ascension on the emulation speed under PC platform. Moreover, the new version will be constantly updated, and bring us surprise every time they update. In a word, PCSX2’s prospect is very considerable.
// Key Features //
- Custom resolutions, up to 4096×4096, Anti Aliasing and Texture filtering to make your old PS2 games look better than their HD remakes!
- Unlimited memory cards
- Save states, enabling you to quick save and load practically anywhere in your game
- Easy cheating using our pnach patching system
- Use any controller (PS3, Xbox360, etc.) that works on Windows, keyboards and mice
- Increase or decrease the game speed by using the built-in frame-limiter for fast grinding or passing hard spots by slowing them down
- Ability to record in full HD with the built-in video recorder (F12 using the GSdx plugin)
// System Requirements //
// Tips //
- Double click to switch to full-screen
- PS2 has the ability to play the games of the older PS 1
- A new Bios dumper is already available that can dump your PS2 Bios, ROM1, ROM2, EROM and NVM.Get it HERE
- For maximum compatibility it is recommended that you use a BIOS image different than SCPH10000.BIN which is the oldest one.That’s because with this BIOS there are problems in memory card emulation and in other sections.
// Related Links //
- PS2 BIOS files All-in-One package for PCSX2 emulator
- Official PCSX2 configuration guide
- PCSX2 Quick-Start Guide
- Unable to load bios: ‘bios/’, PCSX2 can’t run without that
// Download URLs //
|Latest Version||OS||Official Download|
|v0.9.7 Alpha||Mac OS X|