In fact, PGM2 emulator is a special revision edition of MAME just compiled with the PGM2 driver (pgm2.c). Or let me put it another way, PGM2 emulator was developed based on the MAME.
The arcade games produced by IGS from Taiwan, China most often come with fairly high playability. The encryption mechanism of their PGM2 arcade system board is pretty strong. As a consequence, PGM2 board had always been a head-scratching problem in its emulator developing field. For this, the famous MAME team spent several years on it but still failed to solve that. Anyway, eventually, it was worked out by a folk hardcore gamer from China. However, he commercialized it for sale (really expensive). What’s even worse, his emulator is bound with his tailor-made machine. That means, once your machine breaks down, you have to buy another one “machine + emulator” from him. Thankfully, after him, another man cracked his binding. As a result, this PGM2 emulator is actually a cracked one with KEY files integrated.
Undoubtedly, PGM2 emulator has many known bugs, such as insert coin, start game and save state problems. However, as a whole, it is capable of quite perfectly emulating the most popular 3 games released on the PGM2 platform by IGS (Knights of Valour 3, Knights of Valour 2 New Legend and Oriental Legend 2) at least.
In this post, AppNee will continue to update the latest versions of PGM2 emulator. BTW, for now, we contains 3 games’ blank Storage Cards in the emulator folder (you can use them to completely reset the data storage of a game):
- kov2nl_1p_iccard.bin – Storage Card of Knights of Valour 2 New Legend
- kov3_1p_iccard.bin – Storage Card of Knights of Valour 3
- orleg2_1p_iccard.bin – Storage Card of Oriental Legend 2
*** The ‘1p‘ in card file name means the Player 1. If you’d like to use ‘2p‘ or ‘3p‘, you can change the card name like: kov2nl_2p_iccard.bin.
// Main Game Works on PGM2 Board //
// Recommended Keyboard Controls //
- W – up
- S – down
- A – left
- D – right
- J – fire
- K – jump
- L – use the selected item
- ; – view items
- Tab – open options menu
// Use Instructions //
- Edit the ‘start game.bat‘ file to start your PGM2 game rom, for example:
- start /max mame.exe kov3
- start /max mame.exe kov2nl
- start /max mame.exe orleg2
- Edit the ‘PGM2.bat‘ file to make a load menu for all your PGM2 game roms. And it allows you to load the lower versions of game roms
- Poress ‘Tab‘ key to enter options menu
- Move/remove those Storage Card file is equivalent to pulling out the game card. So you’d better pay attention to back up these Storage Card files
- Press “Shift + F7” to call out the “Select position to save to” option, then you can type any number/letter key on keyboard to save your game state there. In this case, you can use ‘F7‘ to load the game state saved with the key
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
CHM (Microsoft Compiled HTML Help) is a convenient document format suitable for quick browse and query, which is very common in all kinds of help documentations. In particular, its production ...
FamiTracker is a professional but simple and easy-to-use 8-bit digital music producing freeware for NES/Famicom (FCDS) emulators. It comes with concise UI and powerful features, supports music import/export, automatically generates ...
Project64k (short for PJ64K) is an unofficial, modified edition of the best Nintendo 64 emulator Project64 with multiplayer online gameplay (NetPlay) support - using the Kaillera network.
Not the first N64 emulator to support ...
DiaryOne is a creative, powerful and very safe (password protection and automatic backup) multimedia diary application. Especially, it is so beautiful and realistic that is just suitable for keeping a diary. ...
If wanta capture the screen picture, you can get it by using the "Print Screen" key easily, or use the capture software similar to SnagIt to capture. But if you ...
Aegisub (successor of the original SubStation Alpha and Sabbu) is a free, open-source and cross-platform advanced subtitles creating & modifying tool. Recognized as an industry standard of all subtitle editors, it is ...
If you would not like to install a full Android OS on your hard disk or USB flash drive using the Remix OS for PC, just want to run some Android apps or ...
Kid Dracula (ANA 悪魔城すぺしゃる ぼくドラキュラくん, Akumajō Supesharu: Boku Dorakyura-kun, Demon Castle Special: Kid Dracula) is a remake and sequel work of Akumajou Special - Boku Dracula Kun (which was released ...
If it's just some defects and functional degradation in the design, it is negligible for us users. But Windows 10 is not only the one and only one disappointing product that could be like Windows ...
FTPbox this free and open-source lightweight app is specially designed for webmasters or advanced users. It enables your free or paid FTP file space to instantly turn into a private ...
[v3.93] Easy CHM – Create/Convert a context-sensitive CHM
0CC-FamiTracker – 8-Bit chiptune/digital music constructor
Project64k – Unofficial edition of Project64 with netplay
DiaryOne – Most humanized and practical multimedia diary
Wink – Popular freeware tutorial and DEMO creator
Aegisub – Extensively-used advanced subtitles editor
Remix OS Player – Most advanced Android app
[GB] Kid Dracula ROM + Emulator download
DWS – Most popular Windows spyware one-click remover
FTPbox – Make your own web host act
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.