PotPlayer is a new generation of multimedia player developed by KMPlayer‘s original author Kang Yong-Huee, after he joined the Daum company (a web portal in South Korea). With relatively small size and clear UI, PotPlayer achieved good support to most of video formats.
Whenever PotPlayer is mentioned, we are going to compare it with KMPlayer (another free and famous media player from South Korea that became popular in the world). AppNee concisely summarized their several differences as follows:
||Independent copyright that does not originally belong to Kang Yong-Huee
||Commercial software (free now), copyright owned by Daum company completely
||Completely free personal software
||Powerful built-in decoder
||Powerful customization ability and personalization settings
||From version 1428, Pandora TV team is responsible for the collective development of KMPlayer
Basically, PotPlayer inherited KMPlayer’s convenient filters and plug-ins managing system. At the same time, it simplified KMPlayer’s internal decoders system. Now, it solves problems of video playing mainly depending on Bass and FFmpeg series of filters. Moreover, PotPlayer also achieved the DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) hardware decoding and multithreaded decoding functions that KMPlayer could not. This enables you to watch high-definition videos more smoothly.
But, PotPlayer’s actual processing capacity to low-resolution video is almost at the same level with KMPlayer – nothing special. In particular, its definition of video playing is nowhere near VLC media player, while VLC has obvious delay when you play video by dragging the progress bar. In short, if you are finding a high-quality and fast universal media player, AppNee tells you, the best one is still Media Player Classic series, especially the MPC-BE from Russia.
// Portable Version Features //
- Removed all ads
- Ripped the useless built-in IPTV function module
- Cut Live feature related files
- Removed temporary setup file
- Removed useless extra files
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the PotPlayer multilingual portable (with all ads and useless files removed) full versions for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
As Microsoft's partner, Foxit Software company has a number of award-winning products, especially its most popular Foxit PDF Reader for both free and commercial uses. And the Foxit PhantomPDF Business ...
Free web hosts are too numerous to count now, and many of us are using them to store, share or download a variety of documents/files everyday. But, their shortcomings mainly ...
Sweet Home 3D is a free, open-source and cross-platform (written in Java) interior aided design software from France. It can help you design and decorate your furniture on a 2D ...
calibre is the only best e-book management software that AppNee has known combining e-book manager, reader, editor and converter in one. Free, open source and cross-platform.
calibre supports CBZ, CBR, CBC, ...
PIDKey is a lightweight and free database-based tool mainly used to test the validity of Microsoft Windows/Office/Visual Studio (and more) product keys in batch, made by Ratiborus and his friends from Russia. ...
The research supported by real statistics indicates that, Chrome, its source Chromium and countless homologous varieties browsers have overwhelmingly occupied the market of web browsers. Although this is true and ...
Without any doubt, Wireshark (formerly called Ethereal) is currently the world's most famous, foremost free and open source network packets capture & analysis tool. Its appearance puts an end to the ...
Dia (full name: Dia Diagram Editor) is a vector-based and Visio-like structured diagram drawing tool made by Alexander Larsson from Germany. It's lightweight, free to use and open-source, supports for Windows, ...
MoleBox Virtualization Solution (MoleBox VS for short) is a real-time software visualization/distributing tool with not perfect but professional and complete functions. It can package some software on Windows along with ...
If the Gens32 Surreal is now the best SEGA Genesis, Mega-Drive (MD) emulator for Windows only, then Gens is the earliest and best one for Windows and Linux all the time. And it's a ...
[v8.2.1] Foxit PhantomPDF Business – Famous advanced PDF
Mipony – Free file hosts universal download manager
[v5.3] Sweet Home 3D – Best free interior
calibre – Most popular one-stop freeware eBook solution
[v22.214.171.1247] PIDKey – Fast validity batch checker for
[v60.0] Latest Portable Versions of Google Chrome &
Wireshark – World’s most popular interactive network traffic
Dia – Lightweight alternative of Microsoft Visio
MoleBox Virtualization Solution – Thorough portable single-executable file
Gens – Earliest and Best SEGA emulator for
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.