|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
Resource Hacker (formerly as ResHacker or ResHack) is a lightweight free app similar to eXeScope, used to decompile/recompile, view, modify, add and remove the resources (icon, bitmap, cursor, menus, dialog, string table, message table, accelerator, Delphi form and version information…) in both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows executable programs and other related files (*. EXE, *. DLL, *. CPL, *. OCX).
// Key Features //
- Viewing Resources
- Using the internal editor to modify text-based resources
- Replacing Images
- Command Line Scripting
Resource Hacker builds in an internal resource compiler and decompiler, supports Delphi 5 and C++ Builder. Compared with eXeScope, its advantage is to support the menu preview, while the defect is it can only directly modify icons and cursors, other resources must be exported to the corresponding files first, then use other tools to edit, and import them back and save. Even so, we can also take Resource Hacker as a small and powerful executable file resources decompiler/viewer/editor.
// Related Links //
- Resource Hacker Tutorial by Vishal Gupta
- Various useful Resource Hacker tutorials and tips-n-tricks
- Use Resource Hacker to Customize Application Icons
- Modify a manifest resource to fix blurred text when scaling for high resolution displays (AVI)
// Download URLs //