Getting news and information via RSS (Really Simple Syndication) subscriptions is a very simple and fast way. With the benefit of fast Internet, this is superior to the traditional media in the aspect of timeliness. For many users working in front of a computer all day long, if they could read scrolling latest news and information on computer desktop, that would be a very cool and efficient thing.
Snackr is a free, open-source and cross-platform desktop RSS monitor/reader based on Adobe AIR, written in Flex by Narciso (NJ) Jaramillo from Adobe Systems company. In addition to providing a variety of options related to RSS subscription and display, Snackr also supports the batch import/export of RSS feeds in OMPL format. This is very convenient for users to transfer from other RSS subscription software, like FeedDemon and GreatNews.
Snackr is capable of randomly retrieving the latest news items from your RSS feeds and displaying them in a side-scrolling way on your desktop, which is a bit like the rolling news on TV. This way, when you find a headline looks interesting, you can click on it to preview the content in a pop-up window, or further click the “View Post” to read its original, full article using your default web browser.
// System Requirements //
// Prompts //
When you import an OPML format of feed source with a large number of subscriptions, please give Snackr a few more minutes to finish the initialization.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
AMCAP (AKA: USB 2.0 Camera) is a classic but extremely practical universal camera previewing and video/audio recording tiny app (less than 50 kb) developed by Microsoft in 1997. It supports both USB ...
Since my childhood, I have enjoyed watching ants very much - respect their diligence, unity, order and tenacity. You can see this from several posts with the 'ant' tag at ...
First to say, with Everything, you'll be able to permanently leaving the Microsoft's built-in search function, or any other similar tools. After first-hand experience, you will also be shocked by its amazing ...
Below is a very detailed functions comparison list about 6 mainstream freeware "File Managers" on the Internet currently! AppNee hopes this can be useful and time-saving for the guys who ...
Developing C# applications, there is no better IDE than Microsoft Visual Studio this super fatso (but I do prefer the lightweight and fast Microsoft Visual Studio Express or SharpDevelop, MonoDevelop, ...
GreenBrowser is an established but excellent IE-based web browser from China. If you have a special liking to Internet explorer, then be sure to give it a try. It won't ...
BWMeter is a tiny but powerful broadband/traffic monitor and controller based on WinpkFilter network drivers. It can perform real-time measure and control to any Internet/Network traffic through your computer. Meanwhile, ...
Xpadder is a tool utilizing game controller to simulate keyboard keystrokes and mouse movements & button actions, its basic functions are similar to JoyToKey. Although just a tiny app with file size ...
It was originally written in C++ by Christophe Dumez (from France) in 2006 when he was a student. Now it's maintained by worldwide volunteers on their spare time. qBittorrent is ...
In simple terms, the main function of DOSBox is - with DOSBox, you can run the old and classic DOS games or software on different Windows, BeOS, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2.... operation systems, or you ...
AMCAP – Microsoft Official universal camera viewer
12-Ants – Keep active ants on your desktop
Everything – Best local files/folders real-time search engine
6 freeware File Managers comprehensive comparisons
Visual Studio Uninstaller – Forcibly, completely uninstall Visual
GreenBrowser – Tiny and ultra fast Internet Explorer-based
[v7.3.0] BWMeter – Powerful bandwidth meter, monitor and
[v2015.01.01] Xpadder – Use gamepad to simulate keyboard
qBittorrent – Free, fast and reliable alternative of
DOSBox – Famous MS-DOS x86 emulator for old
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.