|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
StepMania was originally designed as a game emulator of the famous and popular series of arcade game – Dance Dance Revolution (DDR for short, developed by KONAMI, a dancing machine game enjoyed great popularity for a time where you could see it in many game rooms) for PC, first released in 2001.
But now, it has gradually developed into a free, open-source, and cross-platform (for Windows, Mac and Linux) dance & rhythm game engine with pretty high extendability and all kinds of rhythm-based game modes supports. In addition to having a lot of songs package in support and the cool netplay feature (where you can play with players from all over the world), it is also the only dancing machine emulator for PC with the largest number of users. Again, it supports both dance pad and keyboard these two gaming methods.
Most StepMania players are also the enthusiasts/lovers of O2JAM and some other music/rhythm games who like to continuously pursue their limits. And they spontaneously organized teams dedicated to communicate with each other. StepMania never stop growing around the world, and there are some similar music game series using it as their game engine, such as In the Groove, Pump It Up…).
// Key Features //
- Beautiful 3D graphics
- Support for gamepads/dance padsStep recording mode
- Support custom songs
- Support netplay (via SMO server)
- Allow to change theme (display interface, additional features, and modes)
- Allow to change the arrow effect plug-ins
- Screenshot function
- Allow to replace the arrow skin (noteskin)
- Support background video (AVI, MP4, MKV, etc.)
- Support single/double players VS play
- Has all kinds of specific discussion forums
// Staian’s Extreme Challenge @ AGDQ 2016 //
// Related Links //
- Awesome Games Done Quick
- StepMania Online Ranking & Songs download site
- StepMania F.A.Q.
- StepMania older versions at SourceForge
// Download URLs //