People who like to watch movies probably have encountered such a situation: the cineframe or sound track is not synchronized with the subtitles. Watching films like this is wasting the film itself and our time, and that’s really a mental torture at the same time! While don’t worry, we can use some software to easily adjust/correct the movie subtitles.
Subtitle Edit is free, open-source and universal text-format-based video subtitles editing tool written by Nikolaj Lynge Olsson from Denmark. It can read/write/convert 200+ subtitle formats in all languages/encodings (ANSI, UTF-8, and other Unicode).
Subtitle Edit integrates the advantages of many subtitle editors (such as error checking, merging, splitting, editing based on time axis, etc.) in one place. Plus, it supports real-time preview of subtitles. From the perspective of design, this is based on GStreamer, which is up-and-coming. Its another handy feature is setting the position and duration of subtitle through the waveform of audio track. Although this still requires the skills of making subtitles, it can yet be regarded as a very good supplementary means.
// Supported Subtitle Formats //
- SubRip (*.srt)
- ABC iView
- Adobe Encore
- Advanced Sub Station Alpha
- CapMaker Plus (*.cap, binary)
- Cavena890 (*.890, binary)
- Cheetah Caption (*.cap, binary)
- D-Cinema (Cinecanvas, both interop and smpte)
- Dvd Studio Pro
- Dvd Subtitle
- EBU Subtitling data exchange format (*.stl, binary)
- F4 (several variations)
- Flash xml
- PAC (*.pac, binary)
- Pinnacle Impression
- QuickTime Text
- RealTime Text
- Sony DVD Architect
- Sub Station Alpha
- SubViewer 1.0
- SubViewer 2.0
- Sami (*.smi)
- Son (*.son, import only)
- Subtitle Editor Project
- Timed Text 1.0 (*.xml), also know as TTML or DFXP
- Timed Text Draft (*.xml)
- Ulead Subtitle Format
- Ultech (*.cap, binary, only read)
- YouTube Annotations
- YouTube Sbv
- Zero G
- VobSub (*.sub/*.idx, binary – can also be read from Matroska/mp4 files)
- DVD Vob (*.vob, binary, read only)
- Blu-ray sup (*.sup, binary, can also be read from Matroska files)
- Bdn xml (*.xml + png images, read+write)
- + several formats of unknown name
// System Requirements //
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.0+
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
(Homepage | GitHub)
// Related Posts //
PIDKey is a lightweight and free database-based tool mainly used to test the validity of Microsoft Windows/Office/Visual Studio (and more) product keys in batch, made by Ratiborus and his friends from Russia. ...
Sega Saturn (SS for short) is Sega's sixth generation of home video game console (32-bit), hence, they named it with the name of the sixth planet 'Saturn' in Solar System. At that time, the most ...
Virtual Router Manager is a free and open-source virtual WiFi creating application, with which you can turn your Windows PC/Laptop into a WiFi hotspot, sharing with other laptops or mobile devices.
With Virtual ...
The significance of file synchronizing tools is: through simple actions to complete a large number of complex and repetitive, manual file/folder copying, moving operation. SyncToy is a free, easy-to-use, and full automatic ...
ProcessKO is a tiny and simple free app specially designed for instantly/regularly and forcibly killing/terminating the running stubborn or dangerous programs/processes (especially those can not be killed through 'End task' in ...
Zeal is a free and open source offline documentation browser specially designed for programmers/coders on Windows and Linux. It's inspired from Dash on Mac OS X, developed using Qt, simple ...
Monitoring a folder has two primary purposes: For common users, you can use it to protect the security or privacy of files in some folder; For advanced users (especially portable ...
If you need to upload video, audio, image or document files to multiple free file hosts for backup or sharing, in addition to signing into these websites and manually upload ...
MonoCalendar is an open-source calendar application based on .NET Framework, be designed to provide a calendar similar to the iCal for other platforms outside of the Mac, with very beautiful ...
The JetBrains (formerly IntelliJ) from Czech Republic has offered many excellent IDEs for various website and application developers. For example, the IntelliJ IDEA has been recognized as one of the best Java ...
[v220.127.116.117] PIDKey – Fast validity batch checker for
[v0.12] SSF – Best Sega Saturn emulator for
Virtual Router Manager – Classic and only open-source
SyncToy – Handy, practical free file/folder synchronizer from
ProcessKO – Really powerful and effective process killer
Zeal – AIO offline API documentation browser for
[v18.104.22.168] Directory Monitor – Real-time actions monitor &
[v7.4.2] File & Image Uploader – All free
MonoCalendar – As cool as Apple’s iCal
[v2017.1.3] JetBrains/IntelliJ All Products Universal License Keys collection
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.