For junior or senior computer users, operation system reinstallation is often a necessary but trouble thing (such as: no OS installation disk; laptop without CD/DVD ROM; too long installation time …). But from now on, you do not have to think of installing your computer OS using the outdated CD/DVD, just remember one tool – Universal USB Installer!
Universal USB Installer (short for UUI) is a universal and easy-to-use bootable USB Live Linux OS or Windows USB Installer automatic making tool. With this utility, all what you need to prepare is to download an Linux or Windows ISO file from their official website. And then set three options in the tool:
- choose the OS type you got or want to download
- choose the system ISO file you get
- choose your USB storage device (such as: USB flash drive, microSD cards, Mobile Hard disk, etc.)
After clicking the “Create” button, just wait and that’s all. From then on, you can run/install your Linux system or install a brand-new Windows on any computer with USB boot support (PC with a BIOS that can boot from USB).
Of course, there are many similar tools, such as: YUMI, LiveUSB Install, XBOOT), but what I have been using all the time is Universal USB Installer. It is mainly used to install any edition of Windows from my USB flash drive (8GB) to my laptop anytime I need, and sometimes I also use it to run or install Ubuntu or BackTrack/XiaoPan OS Linux distribution on my USB flash drive (or on hard drive on PC) for trying the new release of Linux OS or Wi-Fi password cracking.
// Supported OS //
- 130+ kinds of Linux distributions, including one Android OS (both 32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 or WINE to create the USB, Win 98/2K WILL NOT Work (both 32-bit & 64-bit)
- 11 Live Antivirus Rescue CDs
- 3 other or Non Linux Based Software
- And any Unsupported/Unlisted Linux ISO also can be tried
***More Live Linux Distributions will be added as time permits.
// Tips //
- Your USB storage device must be Fat16/Fat32/NTFS formatted, otherwise Syslinux will fail and your drive will NOT Boot.
- Although the list only shows to support up to Windows 8.1, for Windows 10, you can still select the “Windows 8.1 Installer” in the “Step 1”, just choose your Windows 10 ISO file in the “Step 2”.
- Do as the video tutorial below, you can even install Android OS on your Windows or USB storage device
// Video Tutorials //
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
GiliSoft Video Editor is a very simplely designed and easy to use video editing software with rich and popular features, which is especially famous as video cutter (or called splitter) and video ...
The well-known and classic CPU-Z (not the GPU-Z) is the most popular product of CPUID. After it, they made another practical tiny app HWMonitor (AKA: CPUID Hardware Monitor) - which is specially designed for ...
For logo design, do not mistakenly think that only professional vector software such as CorelDraw or Illustrator can create professional logo works (especially those beginners who have no basic training ...
VideoPad Video Editor is a full-featured Instamatic style video editing program for home use, with which you can make professional videos in a few minutes. For most of us, making personal ...
DU Meter is a very compact, simple and reliable network traffic monitoring software for personal computers or web servers. It's very professional, intuitive and takes few resources.
DU Meter can monitor ...
Most often, if we find some favorite video on a video website, we'd like to download it for collection. But any video site does not provide direct link for download, or you ...
Many people choose to set a login password for Windows to properly protect personal privacy. But just like living on the Internet, too many and tedious passwords are always a disgusting ...
USB Safely Remove is the only best alternative USB manager to the native Windows safe removal tool (or Devices and Printers) in system tray (or control panel) for now. It allows to quickly and easily scan, ...
More and more families are equipped with a wireless router, in which case mobile phones, computers, handheld game consoles can connect to Internet through Wi-Fi connections. But when away from ...
WinKawaks (Kawaks for short) is one of the best arcade console emulators, sharing the reputation with Nebula and MAME. It was written by Mr.K based on Motorola 68000 chip, and primary ...
[v7.5.0] Gilisoft Video Editor – Easiest, full-featured and
[v1.23] HWMonitor – Monitor your hardware voltages, temperature
[v4.4] Sothink Logo Maker – Has better public
[v5.01] VideoPad Video Editor – Instamatic-style domestic beginner
[v7.15] DU Meter – Professional Internet usage real-time
VSO Downloader – Universal streaming video/audio detector &
Luxand Blink! Pro – Login Windows with a
[v5.5.1] USB Safely Remove – Best alternative to
MyPublicWiFi – Only best and most effective virtual
WinKawaks – One of 3 best arcade game
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.