|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
// 3 Major Applications //
- Install Windows OS into USB HDD or USB flash drive from ISO/WIM/ESD/SWM file or CD/DVD, or you can clone your current OS (Windows 7 and higher) to USB devices, so as to run Windows directly from a USB device (referred to as Windows To Go)
- Use Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/2008/2012/2016 setup image to create Windows USB Installer, then you can use it to install Windows with ease, no Windows DVD & DVD drive required
- Create bootable USB device based on Windows PE. It can transfer the content in WinPE image or a bootable CD to USB devices and make sure they are bootable too.
Finally, to make WinToUSB work for you smoothly, an original Windows system image file is recommended all the time. After all, a purely clean OS is much more stable and reliable.
// Key Features //
- Three steps to install/clone Windows to a USB drive
- Creation of Windows To Go on Non-Certified Windows To Go USB Drive
- Use any edition of Windows 10/8/7 to create Windows To Go USB drive
- Creation of VHD-based/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace
- Creation of Windows installation USB flash drive with both BIOS and UEFI support
- Support both MBR and GPT
// v2.x, v3.x Universal License Codes //
|for WinToUSB v2.x|
|for WinToUSB v3.x|
*** Pay attention to the single quotation mark in email address <I’[email protected]>, it must be in English (‘), not in Unicode (‘).
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the WinToUSB Enterprise Edition multilingual universal license codes for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install the free edition from official site
- Run program, enter “About/Activate license“
- Use any activation code above to register
- Done, enjoy!
// Prompts //
USB flash drive has much slower speed than hard disk. That means installing or booting Windows on a USB device needs quite a longer time. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use a USB HDD instead, for this purpose
Windows To Go supports booting system from different computers, hence it could be taken anywhere and work on many computers
Windows 7 does not fully support booting system from different computers. And booting from other computers might need to activate or encounter incompatible problems of drivers
WinToUSB needs administrator privileges to go
// Related Links //
- WinToUSB Online User Guide
- WinToUSB 3 Editions (Free, Professional & Enterprise) comparison
- WinToUSB Frequently Asked Questions
// Download URLs //