Two possible situations make you want to take a look at the users information in your local area network (LAN):
- The speed of Internet connection becomes slower and slower, and it was no use giving many tries like modifying DNS, optimizing network
- To check whether there is a potential attacker
This time, we can use Wireless Network Watcher – a tiny and free local wireless/wired network connection scanner & viewer from NirSoft.
Wireless Network Watcher is capable of scanning and listing all network devices connecting to your wireless or wired LAN, including smartphones, computers, tablets, printers, game consoles, etc. (both wired and wireless), and displaying their information in detail, including IP address, MAC address, the company that manufactured the network adapter, computer name, etc. Besides, it also allows to automatically scan the LAN to find devices new joined the network at regular intervals in the background, and then to give prompts via popup or sound.
Of course, now network routers allow to see the full list of all connected clients in their admin console, but that always requires you to use the password to login first, and in the admin console you can only see the clients’ IP address and MAC address, no other info. That means if there are many network devices connecting to your LAN, it is difficult to distinguish them all clearly. This case, one advantage of Wireless Network Watcher is it can extra show you their manufacturer information and more, which does make things much easier.
// Tips //
- Wireless Network Watcher can easily show you the new/true access address (such as: 192.168.11.1) of router with modified default value (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
Homedale is a tiny and free wireless network signal detection software. It can be used to detect, view and monitor the signal strength, encryption type (WEP/WPA/WPA2), speed and channel of all ...
IcoFX is a full-featured professional icon & cursor editor that integrates icons' extraction, production, modification and conversion in one place. It builds in variety of brush tools and more than ...
First of all, P2Pover (AKA: P2P终结者) is currently the only best and most powerful bandwidth control & limitation free application for LAN users. We're sure it will become your favorite one (better than almost ...
JoyToKey (AKA: Joy2Key) is a keyboard/mouse-to-game controllers (i.e.: joystick/joypad) input emulating/mapping tiny app from Japan. With this tool's help, we can operate many Windows software (especially play all kinds of online/offline games ...
Whenever some valuable idea or inspiration suddenly flashes through our minds, a memo becomes so important. While in this computing age, the traditional sticky notes also had checked onto computer desktop ...
Users who often play with computers and move files back and forth for collating generally have such a need: merging scattered multiple small partitions into a large one - partition extending; splitting ...
HxD is a carefully designed professional hex editor made by Maël Hörz from Germany, comes with tiny file size and runs fast. AppNee would like to responsibly tell you, it ...
If want to show part or all content of some video in the form of GIF animation, a long time ago, we could do it like this (troublesome): use Free Video ...
MusicBrainz Picard is a revolutionary music sorting software developed by MetaBrainz Foundation, it's free, open-source and cross-platform. First use of it, maybe you feel its UI is so weird, but ...
Foxit Reader is really useful, but I don't know whether you have ever used the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE for short) or not, it tends to the management of e-books, and ...
Homedale – Visual and intuitive Wi-Fi / WLAN
IcoFX – Full-featured icon & cursor creator, extractor
[v4.34 Fixed] P2Pover – Best LAN bandwidth control
[v6.0 B] JoyToKey – Use joystick to emulate
Stickies – Handy, simple and flexible desktop memo
[v3.2.4] IM-Magic Partition Resizer – Easiest and fastest
HxD – Tiny and fast Hex, Disk &
Free Video to GIF Converter – Convert video
MusicBrainz Picard – Music tag & album art
Adobe Digital Editions – PDF & EPUB ebook
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.