|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
World Machine is a powerful and flexible 3D world terrain generator specially designed for game engines or 3D rendering software. It provides procedural terrain creation, simulations of nature, and interactive editing for you to produce realistic terrains with high-resolution heightfields, textures, and meshes.
Unlike any other terrain generating software you might ever used, World Machine blends with powerful terrain effects, comes with a graphical user interface, and supports fast & dynamic real-time preview, which all enables users to rapidly and accurately create all kinds of realistic 3D landforms. It can generate snow, grassland, wasteland, desert, island and so on almost any kinds of geographical environments. Its efficiency and convenience work well with Unity and Unreal Engine, and they can be closely related to each other.
In the game development and visualization industries assuming that your projects need to have a long-range perspective part of scenes, you might think of directly using Unreal Engine’s Landscape or VUE to complete this work. But this means too much effort and not realistic enough terrain. What matters most is that tools in Landscape are not so easy to use. In cases like this, you’d better use World Machine as terrain generating tool instead. In which, you just need to import the height fields of terrain into editor, then modify the details in editor. That is because: First, the height fields generated by World Machine are more real relative to the artificially calculated ones; Second, the generation speed is much faster; Third, using it to make slope, ravine is more accurate.
As a result, for game developers or virtualization artists, you are sufficiently able to use World Machine to create a rough terrain and then added it to your work. BTW, the node control method of World Machine is similar to Unreal Engine 3, or Autodesk Maya’s material node control way. In other words, its workflow is basically done with nodes. All in all, the overall feeling World Machine gives a user is that: This is a very rational and practical terrain generating tool.
// Key Features //
- Artificial terrain with natural appearance
- Powerful fractal generators
- Graph based interface
- Powerful erosion modelling
- Visual design, procedural power
- Bridge the gap between artistically hand-crafted and fully artificial terrains
- Create shapes to use as a base for further terrain synthesis
- Insert roads and other shapes that can realistically carve and fill the surrounding terrain
- Draw masks to control or limit effects to particular geographical regions
- Interchange vector shapes with illustration and 3D packages using industry-standard file formats (SVG, AI)
- Texture your world
- One world with many views (Realtime 3D Views, Explorer View and Layout View)
- Extremely powerful ‘macro’ system for user content creation
- High-precision heightfield import and export
- Mesh export
- Raytraced lighting and normal map creation
- Max resolution
- 64-bit capable
- Tiled terrains
- Multiple monitors support
- Automation / Scripting support
// Official Demo Video //
// License Code for WM2 //
|Name and/or organization||Registration code|
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the World Machine Professional Edition multilingual full installers, universal license codes and unlocked files for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install World Machine
- Use the registration code above to register for World Machine 2, or copy the unlocked file to installation directory for World Machine 3
- That’s all, enjoy
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|Basic Edition (freeware)||Latest||n/a|
|Professional Edition||v2.2||9.21 MB|