|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
For a small team/studio of only few members, under the condition of urgent time, documents or something similar must be economized wherever possible. However, two of them can not be ignored absolutely, also we should try our best to do them well and keep them updated. The two documents are: one is database models made by Power Designer (or the more advanced domain model), the other one is the wireframe.
At the early stage of development, design or creation, you can draw the basic sketch on paper or a whiteboard, to help complete some concept of user interface and task work-flow. These types of wireframe can well satisfy the small projects, so that you can directly enter the stage of development. However, for most of projects, we must get the help of some design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Visio or OmniGraffle. Among the software used for making UI prototype, my favorite is Balsamiq Mockups (formerly called Mockups Air), a hand-drawn style and lightweight one. The reasons I like it are as follows:
- Fast - it can make me draw the UI prototype with the fastest speed
- Hand-painted style - the UI model drawn with it has the real hand-painted style, that's very cool
- All are ready-made - it has built in many frequently-used controls and icons, which are basically enough
Of course, in order to make an excellent wireframe or webpage draft, we can also consider to make a choice from the following nine outstanding tools to help you create web pages, wireframe, sketch and many other design works:
// Main Usage //
What you can build with Balsamiq Mockups:
- Desktop Apps
- Web Sites
- iPhone/Android Apps
- Rich Internet Applications
// Key Features //
Focus on Content and Functionality:
- Low-Fi Sketch Wireframes
- Click-Through Prototypes
- UI Components & Icons
- Export to PNG or PDF
Never Waste a Minute:
- Quick Add for Speed
- Drag and Drop for Simplicity
- Re-usable Symbol Libraries
- Full Keyboard Support
- Import and Export
- Works Offline
- Fully cross-platform (Mac, Windows, and Linux)
// System Requirements //
- Adobe AIR Player required (or Balsamiq Mockups will install it automatically).
// Universal License Codes //
|License Name||License Key|
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the Balsamiq Mockups v2.x.x & v3.x.x universal license codes for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install Balsamiq Mockups from official site
- Run Balsamiq Mockups, enter "Help/Register..."
- Choose any universal license code above to register
- Done, enjoy!
*** Latest test was made on Balsamiq Mockups v3.3.1, v3.3.5, v3.3.9, and v3.5.13.
// Related Links //
- Launch Balsamiq Mockups Online Demo version
- Balsamiq Mockups Official Tutorials, Tips & Tricks
- All Public Projects sample wireframes download
- Mockups Success Stories eBook download
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us to some more time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|