|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
Castlevania: Simon’s Destiny is a free (non-profit), fan-made small game developed independently by Batandy with GZDoom engine, based on Konami’s Castlevania franchise. This game was originally announced and released in 2017. It is completely standalone, not an MOD (so doesn’t require DOOM2.wad), only GZDoom is required to play!
When the classic platformer action game Castlevania was added with the first-person perspective of Doom, it became Castlevania: Simon’s Destiny. As a 3D + first-person remake of Castlevania with pixel-style visual effects, this game takes the first generation of Castlevania on the FC/NES console as blueprint, and completely presents it in the GZDoom. All the contents of the original game (including the combat graphics) are three-dimensional now, but no 3D models were used (instead, all the models were mapped in 2D textures). It retains the pixel style of the original work, and brings in a lot of graphics and sound materials from the Castlevania series, which brings the player a familiar and fresh experience.
Castlevania: Simon’s Destiny was born as a love letter to this legendary franchise, and it aims to reinvent the very first NES title of the franchise with a nostalgic yet brand new first person gameplay. All the levels from the classic NES era game have been reimagined like never before. So, Castlevania enthusiasts: What are you waiting for? Hurry to experience the tale of Simon’s fight against Dracula and his army of the night!
// Official Demo Videos //
// How To Play //
- Download and extract GZDoom (version 3.6.0+) from official site
- Put “Castlevania.ipk3” file to GZDoom folder
- Run GZDoom, select OpenGL or Vulkan as your renderer, and select Castlevania as the base iwad
- Start the game!
// Prompts //
- The game must be played with the OpenGL or Vulkan renderer
Make sure that “3D models” are enabled
- Make sure “Dynamic Lights” are enabled (you can find them in “Options>Display Options>Hardware Renderer>Dynamic Lights”)
- “Mouselook” has to be enabled in Options>Mouse Options “Always Mouselook – On”
- Additionally, it is recommended to disable the “bilinear filtering” that’s set by default in “Options>Display Options>Hardware Renderer>Texture Options” (setting it to None (Trilinear) will give you the best results)
- You can change the keys by going in “Options>Customize Controls”
// System Requirements //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|