|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
DamonPS2 (呆萌PS2) is currently the first, only, fastest and best PlayStation 2 emulator for Android platform, developed by DamonPS2 Emulator Studio from Hong Kong in China. It is able to run a large number of PS2 games (such as Final Fantasy series, Resident Evil series, Grand Theft Auto series) smoothly on Android based smartphones, allowing you to play PS2 games freely without the SONY PlayStation 2 game console required.
In terms of the graphics quality of games, DamonPS2 emulator has completely surpassed the real machine of PlayStation 2. In fact, it already supports 5x native resolution (1080P HD), letting your PS2 games say goodbye to the gaming experience of full-screen sawtooth. And in terms of game control, it also supports the HID (Human Interface Device) controller operation.
Among the 13900+ PS2 games that have been released, DamonPS2 has been able to run over 90% of them (including the ones with flawed graphics, which are also known as “In-Game grade”). Also, DamonPS2 emulator is perfectly compatible with over 20% of these PS2 games (i.e.: the graphics are basically flawless, which are also known as “Perfect grade”).
So far, to play the PSP games on your Android smartphone, just use PPSSPP emulator; while to play the PS2 games on Android platform, do not miss DamonPS2 emulator. In other words, they are the best combinations of PSP/PS2 game console emulators for an Android mobile phone at present.
// Key Features //
- Supported 2X~5X PS2 Resolution (1080p HD)
- Supported Widescreen Games (16:9)
- Supported Gamepad – Similar to PPSSPP Emulator
- Supported Skip BIOS boot game
- Supported Multi-threading Acceleration – Exceed PPSSPP
- Supported NEON Acceleration – Similar to PPSSPP
- Supported Multi-format game ROM, Include: -.iso\bin\img\nrg
Future Support New Feature:
- Future Support Cheat-Code
- Future Support Frame-Skip
- Future Support No-BIOS file startup game ROM – Similar to PPSSPP Emulator
- Future Support 16:9 Mode
- Future Support Mipmap
- Future Support Gamepad Vibration – Exceed PPSSPP Emulator
- Future Support Import\Export MemoryCard file (Compatible Pcxs2 )
- Future Support Acceleration of MEPG2, ARM-v8, Vulkan API
- Future support 95% of PS2 games are perfectly compatible
*** In the future, DamonPS2 will run the game 2x~10x faster than the current frame rate. If you want new features to be realized faster, please fund us with your purchase!
// Paid vs Free //
- Whether to inserting ads before the PS2 game starts
- Whether to support 1080p / 720p HD rendering
- Whether to support gamepad hardware
- Whether to support save game-progress by the memory card
- Whether to support more real-time game-progress-slot to store more game progress
- Whether to support cheat-codes
- and more
// PS2 Emulator vs PSP Emulator //
Actual tests on real machine confirmed that the peak performance of PS2 was twice that of PSP. As a result, any PS2 emulator would require twice as much computation as a PSP emulator in theory. In other words, if your PSP emulator can run some game with full frames, then the PS2 emulator would probably run at half the full frame rate at most (which is in a very lagging state)!
Also, the PS2 real machine itself can not run as smoothly as PPSSPP because it uses some techniques to prevent skipping frames. So even if your computer can run PPSSPP smoothly, it may never be able to run DamonPS2 emulator smoothly.
// Games Compatibility //
Among the 13965+ PS2 games, DamonPS2 PRO is able to run more than 90% of them, only some of them have very few graphics bugs. And, it is perfectly compatible with more than 20% of them, all of which have no flaw in graphics.
// Official Demo Videos //
// System Requirements //
- Android 5.0+
- Android supports OpenGL ES 3.0+
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the DamonPS2 PRO Edition paid full versions for Android OS.
// Prompts //
- If you want to increase the game framerate by 10~40%, just delete the “Thermal Engine” file (a temperature control file) in the Android system.
- Note: the full frame rate referred in this article means the result when mobile phone runs at full frequency. When the phone is obviously hot, this performance will be reduced to 60~70% of the original. That is, more than 1/3 of the frames will be lost. This is the same thing that happens when you run a large mobile game for a long time. The root cause is not the software, but the hardware.
// Download URLs //
|PRO Edition (Fail Full)||v2.5.1||reserved||n/a|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|