|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
If I tell you the publication date of this book is 1999, and has only one edition, many beginner readers will be dismissive that I can imagine. But please note that, whether you are newbie or expert, Essential C++ is the top grade of classic work all the time. In other words, as long as you want to be proficient in C++, then this Essential C++ written by the C++ master Stanley B.Lippman is required.
The whole book reveals the essence of C++ from 4 aspects: procedLJral, gerleric, object-based and object-oriented. It centers on a series of distinguished programming problems, and introduces the language features used to solve these problems. In this way, readers can not only learn the function and structure of C++, but also are able to learn their design purpose and basic principle.
Essential C++ is especially suitable for engineers who transferred from other languages to C++ and desperately need to use C++ to solve the practical programming problems in their projects, thus not very suitable for beginners. For some newbie readers, if you find it’s obscure, please read The C++ Programming Language or C++ Primer Plus instead (C++ Primer is for experienced readers too). BTW, when you felt that Essential C++ is really a good book, then you must have been a C++ master.
// Table of Contents //
- 1. Basic C++ Programming.
- How to Write a C++ Program.
- Defining and Initializing a Data Object.
- Writing Expressions.
- Writing Conditional and Loop Statements.
- How to Use Arrays and Vectors.
- Pointers Allow for Flexibility.
- Writing and Reading Files.
- 2. Procedural Programming.
- How to Write a Function.
- Invoking a Function.
- Providing Default Parameter Values.
- Using Local Static Objects.
- Declaring a Function Inline.
- Providing Overloaded Functions.
- Defining and Using Template Functions.
- Pointers to Functions Add Flexibility.
- Setting Up a Header File.
- 3. Generic Programming.
- The Arithmetic of Pointers.
- Making Sense of Iterators.
- Operations Common to All Containers.
- Using the Sequential Containers.
- Using the Generic Algorithms.
- How to Design a Generic Algorithm.
- Using a Map.
- Using a Set.
- How to Use Iterator Inserters.
- Using the iostream Iterators.
- 4. Object-Based Programming.
- How to Implement a Class.
- What are Class Constructors and the Class Destructor?
- What are mutable and const?
- What is the this Pointer?
- Static Class Members.
- Building an Iterator Class.
- Collaboration Sometimes Requires Friendship.
- Implementing a Copy Assignment Operator.
- Implementing a Function Object.
- Providing Class Instances of the iostream Operators.
- Pointers to Class Member Functions.
- 5. Object-Oriented Programming.
- A Tour of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Polymorphism without Inheritance.
- Defining an Abstract Base Class.
- Defining a Derived Class.
- Using an Inheritance Hierarchy.
- How Abstract Should a Base Class Be?
- Initialization, Destruction, and Copy.
- Defining a Derived Class Virtual Function.
- Run-Time Type Identification.
- 6. Programming with Templates.
- Parameterized Types.
- The Template Class Definition.
- Handling Template Type Parameters.
- Implementing the Template Class.
- A Function Template Output Operator.
- Constant Expressions and Default Parameters.
- Template Parameters as Strategy.
- Member Template Functions.
- 7. Exception Handling.
- Throwing an Exception.
- Catching an Exception.
- Trying for an Exception.
- Local Resource Management.
- The Standard Exceptions.
- Appendix A: Exercise Solutions.
- Appendix B: Generic Algorithms Handbook.
// Edition Statement //
What AppNee provided you are the original CHM format of Essential C++ and its perfect HD PDF format with errata files integrated and no watermark. Believe me, they are the only best ones you can find on the whole Internet.
// Prompts //
- This book makes each word a gem, you have to calm down and read slowly
- The two appendices are extremely valuable:
- Complete solutions and detailed description of exercises
- A quick reference manual for gerleric algorithm (including using instances)
// Book Example Codes //
Dowload the Source Code by clicking on the links below:
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|