|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
FaceRig is a powerful virtual character simulation game (works by using webcam to capture facial and body movements in real time and animate them), developed by Holotech Studios from Romania. Strictly speaking, it is not a video game in the traditional sense, but its unique interactivity is still favored by many players around the world and therefore widely used in various live scenes.
FaceRig is essentially a camera software that employs the real-time face tracking technology from Visage Technologies in Sweden, recognizes user’s face and transform it into a variety of virtual cartoon characters, and combines the cross-platform real-time animation technology with the virtual development framework of Holotech Studios and its gaming industry partners. It can capture the user’s facial expressions in real time, thus as your facial expressions and movements change, the animated character will react accordingly.
With FaceRig, anyone (especially gamers, modelling and animation artists, members of various fandoms, Steamers, web casters, YouTubers and their audiences) having a camera can use their own video and digital technology to create amazing virtual characters. In addition, everyone can create their own characters, backgrounds or props, and import them into FaceRig to use. Plus, FaceRig also provides a complete set of functions like switching between the background environments, changing character voices, and more.
// Key Features //
- Real time head and expression tracking in an input video stream, (also with audio analysis)
- Combining tracked data with additional virtual puppeteering input
- On-the-fly animation re-targeting for the tracked data and applying the animation on a user selected 3d model, with audio processing (voice alteration)
- Rendering and lighting the animated model in real time, in a user selected background
- Encoding the rendered video and sending it further as output from a virtual webcam (it basically intercepts webcam input, and swaps the images captured by your real webcam with the fantastic content before sending it further)
- Provide the interface for tuning the parameters of all operations above
- Customizable avatars. To see the complete list on FaceRig avatars including the ones from DLC’s please see this
- Open creation platform: you can make your own models (outside of FaceRig), import and use them as your avatars. The models need to be created according to a set of published specs
// Official Demo Videos //
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the FaceRig Pro Edition multilingual full installers, all DLCs and unlocked files for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit.
FaceRig was released as three editions, which are respectively: Classic Edition, Pro Edition, and Studio Edition. The difference between them is as follows:
|Classic Edition||FaceRig Classic is the base version of FaceRig, which allows for home non-profit use and even limited monetization on YouTube/Twitch or similar as long as the commercial aspect of it is not significant. We consider commercially significant using it on any avenue (channel) that produces you more than $500 monthly revenue. This includes ad-based revenue and voluntary donations (one time or recurrent such as a Patreon). If you are under this threshold you can use Classic, if you are above you need to upgrade to Pro or Studio.|
|Pro Edition||FaceRig Pro DLC allows you to monetize videos on YouTube/Twitch regardless of the monthly revenue, but not for content exclusive to paid/subscription based services, such as the new YouTube Red (for content that is exclusive to YouTube Red or similar you will need FaceRig Studio).
FaceRig Pro does not bring new assets, technical features or improvements to FaceRig Classic. For more details, take a look at the Pro DLC description
|Studio Edition||Studio Version allows commercial use, as well as access to the expression mo-cap data. For more details about this version visit http://facerig.com|
*** Numeric export of the tracked expression data (exporting the motion capture data to use in other applications) is a feature reserved for the Studio version.
*** FaceRig Classic and Pro only output already rendered video and audio.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install FaceRig (very time-consuming)
- Copy the unlocked files to installation folder and overwrite
*** This software has a bunch of required components to install, just be patient.
// Prompts //
- If the user is in a poor posture, the face tracking effect can be very bad
- For bespectacled users, facial capture may cause the eye to be larger or smaller, or even closed
- This kind of software takes up a lot of system resources, so there may be some delay phenomenon for recording video with it, especially on a PC with low-level configuration
- Reducing the resolution does make this application run smoother
- If your eyes are hard to capture, you can try lowering the height of camera, because upward view’s effect is much better
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|Pro Edition||v1.957||Part1 | Part2||3.02 GB | 3.00 GB|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|