|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
The status of Fraps in players’ mind can’t be shaken by similar tools (AppNee thinks that excepts the Bandicam). As a classic, user-friendly, lightweight (2.5 MB), fast and stable video recorder with high definition and specially designed for DirectX and OpenGL games, Fraps has three main purposes:
- Benchmarking – perform custom benchmarks to your screen’s FPS (Frames Per Second) performance
- Screen Capture – take a screenshot of your screen, window with ease and enough freedom
- Realtime Video Capture – this is its most important feature, which is most often used to record the game video/audio with custom screen resolution and frame rates (i.e. video quality) by most game players
The video recorded by Fraps can only be the lossless AVI format, that means its file size will be very large or even huge (due to its high quality), sometimes a couple of minutes video may reach 1GB or bigger. But most players know that, we can use some video editing software to convert this video format, in order to reduce the resolution, so as to greatly compress the video file size. In this case, the generated video file is not only easy to edit, save, at the same time, it is much easier to publish and spread through Internet. Therefore, to some extent, Fraps is more suitable for professional and occupational players to make high quality game video material and other related purposes.
At last, if you want/need to record both DirectX and non-DirectX gameplay video in flexible quality control for much smaller generated video file size than Fraps, then use another most famous game recorder Bandicam instead (besides, it also allows you to upload the recorded video to YouTube without converting first required).
// Edition Statement //
This is the Fraps v188.8.131.5218 portable full registered version, without the 30-second recording limitation – run it as administrator if required.
// Prompts //
- First, you should know: Fraps can only record DirectX and OpenGL games video, i.e. you can’t use it to record any non-DirectX ones
- If you find the Hotkeys for FRAPS do not work at all, go to Settings/General, and check the option “Monitor Aero desktop (DWM)”
- Before starting to record game video, make sure there is enough space in your hard drive (really huge free space required)
- For Windows Vista/7 users, you have to run game as administrator, or Fraps can’t recognize it
- For any screen recording software, the higher resolution of recording screen, the clearer image quality you will get, meanwhile, the generated video size is bigger and bigger, besides, that means you should have the higher configuration for your computer
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|