|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables) is a very comprehensive executable file compressor/decompressor that only supports DOS/command-line. It supports executable files on almost any sorts of platforms (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL, etc.), comes with excellent compression ratio.
Free UPX is a very popular advanced GUI shell for UPX. It provides friendly UI for the DOS version of UPX, comes with many new parameters and functions. That’s to say, in Free UPX, you are able to visually use UPX’s all command line arguments with ease. Compared with other UPX GUIs, it’s more optional parameters, as well as more stable compression/decompression processing.
BTW, there are several typical usages for packing executable files: Protect EXE program and its library; Reduce EXE’s file size (shrink 50% ~ 70% without any loss of functionality or performance), Bind with virus (we are against doing this).
// Key Features //
- Compression and decompression of Windows executable files (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL, SYS, AX, ACM, DRV, TLB and other).
- Compression and decompression of ELF executables (used on Unix, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD and other operating systems).
- Compression and decompression of Mac OS X executable files (Mach-O, FAT).
- Easy access to all UPX command-line parameters.
- Displaying detailed information about compressed files: original file size, compression ratio, saved space, compression level and other.
- The ability to filter files based on multiple criteria.
- Predefined UPX profiles for beginners. Advanced users can define custom profiles.
- Portability. Free UPX does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI file, so it can be run from portable drives.
- Shell integration (optional).
- 100% freeware for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, adware, spyware.
// Prompts //
- Once any executable files were compressed by UPX, it would probably be falsely reported as virus/threat.
- The compressed program can not be tampered directly, so the probability of being cracked is greatly reduced, thus achieve a certain degree of protection to software.
- Don’t worry about the software performance when it’s compressed. At least in the weakest and simplest virtual machine Wine, it can run regularly and smoothly, without any obstacles.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|