|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
As is known to all, sandbox is a container in which everything can be overturned and restarted. The working principle of Sandboxie is pretty similar – running the browser or other applications in an isolation, virtual “sandbox software environment“. This way, any changes or modifications made by these programs can be instantly emptied/eliminated at any time, thus ensuring the safety of operating system and personal information.
Sandboxie has 3 aspects of major applications: keeps system safe and clean, eliminates the trace of surfing Internet and running programs, and performs software testing (even those high risk of viruses, trojans, malware, etc.). Although it’s conceptually similar to “shadow system“, in fact, there is a big difference between them: shadow system is to protect the system as a whole, while Sandboxie is to protect the little part of system, which is much more convenient and efficient. In other words, Sandboxie is to make a program (rather than the entire operating system) run in a “sandbox”. In particular, Sandboxie also allows user to protect the system as a whole, just like using the “shadow system” programs.
BTW, there are 4 popular HIPS (High Integrity Protective Systems), sandbox-like applications at present, they are listed in turn according to their total test scores (inauthoritative): DefenseWall, GeSWall, BUFFERZONE, and Sandboxie. Of which, Sandboxie is the most popular one with the best reputation, and GeSWall is just slightly inferior in system resource consumption compared with DefenseWall.
// Official Demo Video //
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the Sandboxie multilingual full installers, unlocked files, and activator, portable full registered versions, as well as pre-activated versions for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
In April 2020, Sophos released the source code (as source code-only version 5.40) under the GPLv3 license, stated that they would no longer be involved in the development of Sandboxie, and the open-source community would have to continue developement and maintanance instead.
// Installation Notes //
- This program has become an open-source freeware now.
- Just download and install program (it’s a pre-activated setup)
- Download and install Sandboxie, stop in the “Driver Installation” step
- Copy the corresponding unlocked file (SbieDrv.sys) to installation folder and overwrite
- Continue and finish the installation of Sandboxie
- Run the activator, SET the correct “Sandboxie Path” (installation folder)
- Enter the correct “Version“, “Syscode” and “Time” (by pressing the GET button to obtain the correct values. The time format should be like “20190430”)
- Click ‘Activate‘
// Prompts //
- Sandboxie puts registration verification in a driver. Conventional cracking means can lead to damage of the cracked driver file, thus cannot pass the digital signature verification of Windows OS. This case, you have to either open the test mode, or use the official certificate signature (very expensive).
// Related Links //
- How Sandboxie works
- Getting Started with Sandboxie
- General Usage Tips for using Sandboxie
- User Manual for Sandboxie
- Sandboxie External Tutorials
- Known Conflicts with other programs
- Configuring Sandboxie through Sandboxie Ini
- Sandboxie Start Command Line parameters
- Sandboxie All Versions download
- Sandboxie F.A.Q.
// Warning //
The activator or unlocked file (SbieDrv.sys) might be reported as Threat: FileRepMalware, Win64:DangerousSig [Trj] threat with high severity. Use VirusTotal to make a full, authoritative scan.
*** Please remember: antivirus software is not always right, just be careful.
// Download URLs //
|Commercial Edition||v5.28.0||reserved||6.07 MB|
|v5.40.1 Final||32-bit | 64-bit||2.19 MB | 2.75 MB|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|