|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
Total Commander (TC for short) is written in Delphi by Christian Ghisler from Switzerland. It’s originally called Windows Commander, but because Microsoft always says “Windows” was theirs (in 2002), it had to change to use its current name. The reason AppNee did not recommend this edge tool before is that we thought it is more suitable for advanced computer users (lets them ice on the cake), not a beginner at all (so daunting that makes most users feel confused and uninstall it immediately).
Total Commander is an extremely powerful, full-featured Windows Explorer alternative toolset that integrates a lot of tools/functions you need to use when operating a computer, also a must-have tool (like a Swiss Army Knife) for many computer gurus. It provides the functions covering almost any file operations. From basic file operations (such as copy, move, delete, rename, etc.) to file content viewing, file comparison, folder synchronization, file search, batch rename, FTP upload/download, file segmentation and merging, file compression and decompression, creating/checking the file verification, as well as many other specialized features from soup to nuts. This is quite rare among similar applications.
In addition, the characteristic plugin system of Total Commander allows users to greatly expand and strengthen its functionality by installing and utilizing all sorts of plugins, so as to meet almost any needs from users. Furthermore, Total Commander also comes with very flexible customizability. Nearly all functions, settings can be personalized according to your own using habits and requirements. In other words, each Total Commander user is able to forge a special Total Commander version that only belongs to himself.
// Key Features //
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the Total Commander multilingual portable full registered versions for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as MOD versions for Android.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|