|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
μTorrent (AKA: microTorrent or uTorrent, short for “µT” or “uT”) is a freeware BitTorrent download client, written in C++. It is the most widely used BitTorrent client now, outside China (where XunLei is more popular and has the has the largest number of users in the world).
In addition, thanks to μTorrent’s concise user interface, outstanding performance and stability, as well as a better support to the older hardware, it gets wide and continuous high praise.
// Key Features //
- Small and fast
- Protocol Encryption (PE)
- Peer Exchange (PEX)
- Support the magnetic link (Magnet URI)
- Fast recovery the interrupted transmission process
- Trackerless BitTorrent support using DHT
- Compatible with the original BitTorrent client and BitComet
- Intelligent disk cache system
- Configurable bandwidth control procedure
- Support HTTPS (SSL) / UDP Tracker
- Support IPv6 / Teredo tunneling
- μTP (Protocol source codes is now open)
- Support all Windows editions, no need UPnP framework
- Web UI
- RSS Downloader
- Customizable interface
// How to input the character ‘μ’? //
General method: switch to standard English input method, and then hold down the “Alt” key, meanwhile, press ‘0’, ‘1’, ‘8’ and ‘1’ on the small keyboard in turn.
// Easter Eggs //
In the “About” interface, there are two Easter eggs, they are “μT Sound” and Tetris:
- μT Sound: Click on the μTorrent icon in the “About” interface, then you will hear a music.
- Tetris: In “About” interface, press “T” key, then the Tetris will come out.
// Edition Statement //
The official uTorrent Free Edition has ads and bundled software, you’d better pay attention while installing. Alternatively, you can also use its multilingual portable versions for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit made by AppNee (with all ads & banners removed, along with the biggest optimization settings), or even choose the Pro Edition (for Windows only).
// Related Links //
- µTorrent Beginner’s Guide
- µTorrent Videos & Guides
- µTorrent Frequently Asked Questions
- µTorrent Official Forums
- uTorrent Pro Edition Portable Full version download
- How to remove the ads bar of uTorrent? (for Free Edition)
// Download URLs //
|AppNee Portable (for Windows)|
|v3.5.5 Build 46020||Stable||3.32 MB|
|v3.4.9 Build 42671||Beta||reserved||2.29 MB|
|Latest||Stable||Windows | Mac | Linux | Android||n/a|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|