|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
Although VirtualDub is only a free and very compact video capture and multimedia clipping software, its functionality is not a bit worse than Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Studio, and other professional products. The main functions of VirtualDub can be divided into two parts: one allows user to edit existing short video files; the other can be used with your video capture card or camera to make real-time dynamic image capture.
As a fast video capturing and processing software with strong extensibility, VirtualDub supports saving video to many different popular video formats (thus we can also use it as a video format conversion software). You can directly use the audio tracks from other videos or the most common MP3 audio to replace the audio part of an existing video. And, you can manipulate video to some degree in the conversion process, such as correct tone, adjust brightness, rotation, size, etc. Besides, VirtualDub comes with feature-rich filter plug-ins, and allows user to get more video encoding/decoding capabilities via decoders.
VirtualDub has been regarded one of the most popular, practical and lightweight video processing software. In fact, its powerful video editing and processing abilities are obvious to us all. It can be widely used in video editing, video compressing, video image adjustment, subtitle compression, DVDRip production, and some other aspects. In addition, its video capture feature can now easily capture the screen and mouse pointer (similar to the function of a screen video recorder), then encode and compress it as a video file.
// Key Features //
- Fractional frame rates. Don’t settle for 29 or 30 when you want 29.97.
- Optimized disk access for more consistent hard disk usage.
- Create AVI2 (OpenDML) files to break the AVI 2GB barrier and multiple files to break the FAT32 4GB limit.
- Integrated volume meter and histogram for input level monitoring.
- Real-time downsizing, noise reduction, and field swapping.
- Verbose monitoring, including compression levels, CPU usage, and free disk space.
- Access hidden video formats your capture card may support but not have a setting for, such as 352×480.
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts for faster operation. To capture, just hit F6.
- Clean interface layout: caption, menu bar, info panel, status bar.
- Reads and writes AVI2 (OpenDML) and multi-segment AVI clips.
- Integrated MPEG-1 and Motion-JPEG decoders.
- Remove and replace audio tracks without touching the video.
- Extensive video filter set, including blur, sharpen, emboss, smooth, 3×3 convolution, flip, resize rotate, brightness/contrast, levels, deinterlace, and threshold.
- Bilinear and bicubic resampling — no blocky resizes or rotates here.
- Decompress and recompress both audio and video.
- Remove segments of a video clip and save the rest, without recompressing.
- Adjust frame rate, decimate frames, and 3:2 pulldown removal.
- Preview the results, with live audio.
- Open video file (Ctrl-O).
- Save AVI (F7).
- To be exact, it costs nothing.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|