You may notice that, the Windows built-in “File Types” function is too limited and difficult to use for both beginners and advanced users, especially when encounter file association errors to need repair. So we’d better choose a easier and easy-to-use alternative tool.
FileTypesMan can be used to manage and edit (view, modify, add, remove) the registered file associations on your Windows. With its help, you can learn about the very detailed information of each file type (including Extension, Type Name, Description, MIME Type, Default Icon, Flags,…). It’s much more powerful and comprehensive than the “File Types” feature of “Folder Options” (XP) and “Indexing Options” (Windows 7) or the “Set Associations” of “Default Programs” (Windows 8/8.1).
In addition to the file type editing function, if the list does not have the file type or file extension you need, you can also add the info (to registry) by yourself through FileTypesMan.
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
DropIt is called the automated file sorting edge tool. It allows to automatically perform as many as 20 common operations for messy files/folders, such as Move, Copy, Compress, Extract, Rename, ...
Foxit Reader is really useful, but I don't know whether you have ever used the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE for short) or not, it tends to the management of e-books, and ...
OSToto's Driver Talent (formerly called DriveTheLife) is a professional devices driver management tool, which can automatically scan and detect all the hardware in your computer, then intelligently choose the most ...
SlickRun is a command line utility under Windows, equivalent to shortcut key setting application, its function is similar to Add2Run and RunFast, but much stronger, can be used to access ...
In fact, the features of most computer cleaner or repairer are pretty much the same, quite often the biggest difference is only the design on UI and usability. While PC ...
Whenever your passwords should not be written on the paper and then put under the keyboard, caught in the pages of notebook, or even just recorded on the computer with ...
Sometimes after we installed some software, some unwanted items will appear in the right-click menu making it swollen and unresponsive. In this case, we can use ShellMenuView to clean them ...
WifiInfoView is a tiny and handy free app written by the world famous independent developer Nir Sofer for quickly scanning, viewing and analyzing all possible information about the wireless networks searchable (available) ...
In all similar software uninstalling and cleaning tools, Total Uninstall is the most advanced and thorough. Simply to understand that Total Uninstall can be regarded as a perfect software installation ...
Enfocus's PitStop Pro is a low-profile but super powerful PDF file errors automatic detecting & correcting add-on program for Adobe Acrobat. It's also famous as one of the 3 PDF editing ...
DropIt – Automatically organize messy files, folders with
Adobe Digital Editions – PDF & EPUB ebook
[v6.4.42] Driver Talent – One-stop Windows Drivers download,
SlickRun – Best Run Command alternative
PC Cleaner Pro – Database based system scanner,
KeePass – Best database-based personal passwords manager &
ShellMenuView – Windows context menu viewer and manager
WifiInfoView – Tiny and handy Wi-Fi info scanner
[v6.18.0] Total Uninstall – Uninstall any program completely,
PitStop Pro – Fastest way to detect and
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.