|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
Many of the original soundtracks and animations of PlayStation 1 are so well made that some independent game developers may want to extract them for personal use. I’m afraid, this time, PSX Multi Converter can not help you at all. Because it can scan almost nothing for no matter what type of game ROM files (except the CD ROM disc in your CD drive, I guess). And, we are able to use Cube Media Player to extract the audios and videos out, but it does not provide support to images. Even worse, for some PSone games, it can only extract the XA audio part of the dialogues of characters and the opening animations, you can’t get the BGM in each stage.
Fortunately, we now have a better and more modern alternative of PSX game ROM decoder for choice, jPSXdec. jPSXdec is a free, open-source and cross-platform PlayStation 1 (PSX/PSOne) media decoder specially designed to preview, extract, convert or replace game resource files (they are primarily TIM image, XA audio and STR video) in PSX game CD ROM.
It was written by Michael Sabin in Java, supports both command-line and GUI operations, comes with higher-quality output than many other similar decoders or converters, and offers the ability to read and replace XA audio, STR video, and TIM image types of game resources in PlayStation discs. BTW, to use jPSXdec expertly requires some programming skills, but you can get sufficient details from its official manual.
// Key Features //
- Generates higher quality output
- Handles more unique movie types
- Converts with the correct colors (most legacy tools did this incorrectly)
- Modding capabilities: replace STR video, replace XA audio, and replace Tim images
- More accurate frame rate detection
- Cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Well documented source code available
- Usable from the command-line (for those so inclined)
- Completely free for non-commercial use
// Fan Made Demo Video //
// System Requirements //
// Download URLs //