If you’re a web developer or learning web programming languages, you must found that: every time want to perform local debugging, testing for your web app/code on a new OS or another PC, you has to set up and configure the whole AMP (Apache, PHP, MySQL) web development environments from scratch, which is absolutely boring.
USBWebserver is a super fast, convenient and portable WAMP website testing environment from Netherlands. You can run it anywhere with Windows, such as local disk, USB Flash disk, mobile HD…, or even web disk supporting synchronization like Dropbox. It integrates the Apache HTTP Server (httpd), PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin components in one, supports a wide variety of popular PHP/MySQL-based web applications.
// Some Comparison //
- XAMPP = Apache + MySQL + PHP + Perl (free, big, slow and install first everywhere)
- AMPPS = Apache + MySQL + PHP + Perl + Python + Softaculous (free, much bigger, slow and install first everywhere)
- USBWebserver = Apache + MySQL + PHP + PHPMyAdmin (free, lightweight, fast and portable anytime, anywhere)
Overall, USBWebserver’s UI is extremely clear and intuitive, without any complicated or superfluous stuff. So that even novices can get started with ease in no time. With USBWebserver, you can run, debug website code anytime and anywhere, test all kinds of web applications, learn web programming, or write and test your PHP code everywhere, and so on.
What has to be mentioned is after you close/exit USBWebserver, “Apache” and “MySQL” service processes will be automatically closed too (and will not start automatically on Windows startup). In that case, they do not take up any system resource in the background any more, and we don’t have to manually stop them every time, so convenient.
In short, if you want to set up a complete set of PHP-based local server environments in any moment on a PC, just run USBWebserver directly and that is all. No installation, no configuration, no automatic loading background services….
// Server Environments //
- PHP 5.4.17
- Apache HTTP Server (httpd) 2.4.6
- phpMyAdmin 184.108.40.206
- MySQL 5.6.13
// Use Cases //
- Set up offline or carry-on websites
- Anytime, anywhere develop and debug your PHP website/code
- Save money for renting expensive server hosting
- Continue to develop your website project at multiple PCs or locations through the network disk synchronization
- A good test before putting your website online
- Store and manage your data in the form of local server
- And many more
// Prompts //
- You need to put your files in the root directory. You can reach the website by http://localhost:8080/
- You don’t need to chmod files with USBWebserver
- All the settings files a placed in the settings directory. You need to restart USBWebserver after changing the settings
- The settings for PhpMyAdmin: Username is ‘root‘ and the password ‘usbw‘
- Note that, the file path should not contain special characters (it is best to use English characters), otherwise the Apache server may fail to start, or encounter all kinds of strange problems
- Under normal circumstances, the Apache or MySQL service starts displaying as green check mark, if appears red, most often that means its default port is occupied. Just change another port in the Settings
- Apache/MySQL/PHP configuration files are all located in the software’s “settings” folder
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
// Related Posts //
If you found using Mp3tag or Creevity Mp3 Cover Downloader to update the album cover one by one is troublesome and inefficient (for anyone who likes music, storing hundreds or thousands of MP3 ...
Bat To Exe Converter is a simply designed but very professional batch file compiler that can convert BAT (.bat)/CMD (.cmd) script files to the executable (.exe) format. Not only can ...
Iperius Backup is an automatic file, data backup freeware with flexible and powerful features, from Italy. It supports backup for multiple types of data (file/folder backup, drive imaging, database backup...), and various backup patterns ...
NexusFont is a well designed font manager developed by JungHoon Noh from Korea. It is very easy to use: enter any text in the font display area, then you can preview the ...
As the name suggests, Zemana AntiMalware is a small, fast and powerful malware/adware/ransomware/spyware scanner & remover from Turkey. It is designed to assist antivirus (compatible with all existing antivirus software), in order to make ...
MySQL: Developer's Library is a real classic masterpiece about MySQL. It introduces the basic knowledge of MySQL as well as MySQL's unique features different from other database systems in all ...
System Information Viewer (SIV) is a very practical and advanced system and hardware information viewer, it can detect and display almost any information about the current Windows system, network and hardware in great detail. ...
SrvMan (full name: Windows Service Manager) is a very small but important system services manager from Germany, specially designed for advanced computer users, free to use.
For managing Windows services, it enables users to view, ...
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU for short) is a universal small app designed to quickly and thoroughly remove/uninstall the AMD/NVIDIA graphics card driver. When you are unable to solve all sorts ...
My Boy! is a widely used super fast and full-featured GBA (GameBoy Advance) emulator on Android platform, it is applicable to any version of Android devices (from very low-end phones ...
MP3 CoverTag – Update, download all MP3 cover
Bat To Exe Converter – Convert batch script
[v4.8.3] Iperius Backup – Flexible and neat automatic
NexusFont – Essential free fonts previewing, managing edge
Zemana AntiMalware – Lightweight and fast real-time PC
MySQL: Developer’s Library, Fourth Edition HD PDF
System Information Viewer – Hardcore detector/viewer for system
SrvMan – Fully control and manage Windows services
Display Driver Uninstaller – AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers
My Boy! – Super fast & full-featured GBA
- Copy text content from AppNee: You are welcomed to do this, but do remember one thing: leave us a backlink. Otherwise, finally you will destroy our pay and effort, and get yourself blacklisted/banned by the entire SAYS group.
- Download link: Any download link does not work, email us to fix it for you.
- Software version: Want to get newer version of some software, email us.
- Virus scan: Always remember to do this by yourself using VirusTotal or VirSCAN (more trustworthy). Sometimes, we may forget it or get infected with virus.
- Email reply: As long as we could take time out from daily work & study, we would manage to answer every email worth to reply as soon as possible.
- Software recommendation: For excellent software you're finding but we did not share (make sure you searched through AppNee first), please let us know (via the Feedback). Then we will do our best to find all possible resources for you. But, there is no guarantee.
- Warnning: Before asking any questions, you'd better make sure you have read the post through, and do not use a fake email. Besides, never put too much hope on AppNee, or you will be very disappointed.