|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
After all kinds of information leak events, more and more people or companies began to realize the common ways to delete important data is unadvisable. Because that only removes the corresponding data’s records from the File Allocation Table, while all data is still intact on the hard drive. Just because of this, many software can restore the data with ease.
When data recovery software are popular, its rival data erasers are gaining more and more attention. Because only with such tools can we safely, completely, permanently and irreversibly erase any privacy, sensitive, important, and even confidential data. Just in order to avoid being stolen or abused.
Among all similar tools, Eraser (from Ireland) has a very good reputation. This is not only because it is a freeware, but also due to its support of up to 35 times of erasure based on the Gutmann algorithm (and many more). Again, it has built in two kinds of erasing algorithms meeting the standard of U.S. Department of Defense, as well as the faster “Pseudorandom Data” overwriting algorithm. All of these are enough to completely kill the possibility of success from any kind of data recovery software/hardware.
Moreover, Eraser allows users to customize their own erasure algorithms, and provides a number of other features such as system integration, schedule tasks, drag & drop operation, etc.
// Application Cases //
- Case 1: Erase the entire hard drive or all unused space
- Case 2: Erase a disk partition or its unused space
- Case 3: Erase specific files/folders (anytime)
// Prompts //
- Before using Eraser, you’d better delete all your useless files and empty the recycle bin.
- Any real data erasing operation is time-consuming, e.g. it may take several hours for a 500 GB hard disk. So we suggest you to do this when your computer is idle.
- When the erasure operation is executing, the whole free space of a hard disk may be filled, but don’t worry, that will disappear after processing is completed.
- If the setup file can not run at all, just extract the EXE file with 7-Zip, to get the Windows Installer Package (.msi).
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|