|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
JPEGsnoop is a professional but quite simple to use JPEG image analysis software. It can help you to examine, analyze whether a JPEG image or an Motion JPEG (MJPG) image ever been modified, or rather to detect the authenticity of image.
In fact, most of the image processing software (including Photoshop) will add its own info into the EXIF of the handled photo. Though to remove these info will not be difficult, yet JPEGsnoop can still determine whether the photo is authentic according to other coding info in the JPEG image.
JPEGsnoop supports ordinary JPEG image and the embedded JPEG image of other media files (such as PDF, AVI, MOV, etc.). In addition, if want to read all the analysis data got from JPEGsnoop very well, you may need a certain professional knowledge (refer to the details of JPEGsnoop options here).
// Main Usage //
- Identifying Edited Photos
- Extract Embedded Images
- Motion JPEG AVI Decoding
- Identifying JPEG Quality
- Searching Executables – Enhancing your Scanner / Cellphone Camera Image Quality
- Error Detection in Corrupt JPEG Photos
The details of the many possible uses for JPEGsnoop, go here.
// File Types Supported //
JPEGsnoop will open and attempt to decode any file that contains an embedded JPEG image, such as:
- .JPG – JPEG Still Photo
- .THM – Thumbnail for RAW Photo / Movie Files
- .AVI* – AVI Movies
- .DNG – Digital Negative RAW Photo
- .PSD – Adobe Photoshop files
- .CRW, .CR2, .NEF, .ORF, .PEF – RAW Photo
- .MOV* – QuickTime Movies, QTVR (Virtual Reality / 360 Panoramic)
- .PDF – Adobe PDF Documents
* Note that video file formats (such as .AVI and .MOV) are containers, which can include video streams encoded in one of a wide variety of codecs. JPEGsnoop can only interpret this video footage if the codec used is based on Motion JPEG (MJPG)
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|