|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
In life, we may want to check the noise level when we feel that our living or working environment is a little noisy. At this point, if you don’t want to spend money on the sound detector hardware that you’ll rarely use later, you can use a mobile app like Sound Meter Pro on your smartphone to do the same thing.
Sound Meter Pro contains two kinds of detection instruments: Sound Meter and Vibrometer. The SPL (Sound Pressure Level) meter app uses your mobile phone’s microphone to measure the amount of ambient noise, then gives a reference to the measured value. And its Vibrometer uses the smartphone sensors to measure vibration or an earthquake, then shows a reference as a seism detector. Sound is measured in decibels (dB) and vibration in Modified Mercalli intensity scale (MMI).
In conclusion, as a professional sound decibel detection application for Android devices, Sound Meter Pro can help us conveniently detect and monitor the magnitude of noise in daily life. And the accuracy is high enough, especially its developer used a real SPL meter to correct Sound Meter Pro’s readings on many Android devices. In addition, it also supports manual calibration, provides detailed line charts of sounds and vibrations, and will let you know if the noise exceeds a set alarm range.
// Pro Version Additional Features //
- No ads
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu (line chart)
- CSV file exporting
- Line-chart duration
- More models are calibrated
// Noise Decibel Standard //
|Heavy pollution||> 74.0|
|Medium pollution||72.0 – 74.0|
|Light pollution||70.0 – 72.0|
|Not bad||68.0 – 70.0|
// Environmental Noise Level In Urban Area //
|Heavy pollution||> 65.0|
|Medium pollution||60.0 – 65.0|
|Light pollution||55.0 – 60.0|
|Not bad||50.0 – 55.0|
// Official Demo Video //
// System Requirements //
- Android 4.1+
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the Sound Meter Pro Edition multilingual paid full versions for Android OS.
// Prompts //
- There’s an app with the same name with Sound Meter Pro, it’s Sound Meter PRO, which was made by Mobile Essentials, and hasn’t been updated for a long time and won’t run on new versions of Android.
- Please note that, most smart phone microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore maximum value is LIMITED by manufacturers, and very loud sound(100+ dB) cannot be recognized. Moto G4 (max.94), Galaxy S6 (85dB), Nexus 5 (82dB)… You can trust the result in routine-noise levels (40-70dB). Please use it as an auxiliary tool.
- If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that maximum value is about 10-11. Please use the results only for reference because android devices have a wide variety of performance and sensitivity.
- No internet support : You can open this app without any connection. After installation, open the app 1-2 times with your device connect to WI-FI or 3G/4G.
// Download URLs //
|Pro Edition||v2.6.3||2.55 MB|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|