|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
WinMerge is a free open-source file comparing/merging application designed for Windows, with which we can compare the contents of multiple documents or even the differences between folders. This is suitable for programmers or users who often need to write or modify codes or articles.
When you have two or more text files with similar content, WinMerge will come in handy immediately, to help you check the differences between these files. If you’ve ever written a program then will understand this situation: when modifying the program versions, we often need to know what is the difference exactly between the new program codes and the old ones, but this is indeed a problem that makes a person nerve-racking.
Or sometimes you maybe need to make line-editing and proofreading to two articles or more with slightly different content, but it is still quite tiring if you wanta check up from the starting, at this time, we’d better let WinMerge help us to realize that automatically.
WinMerge does comparison to the content of two files, and highlights the different ones, in order to make users check quickly, moreover, you can directly make the leftward file content cover to the right, and vice versa. This is quite convenient a feature for users who need to modify the contents of documents frequently.
Compared with the similar commercial software, such as Beyond Compare and UltraCompare, etc. WinMerge is perhaps not as powerful as them, but with its small size, portable, open-source and free benefits, I believe it will also obtain many users’ love.
// Key Features //
- Visual differencing and merging of text files
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap
- Highlights differences inside lines
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
- Location pane shows map of files compared
- Moved lines detection
- Compare folders in one level or recursive
- Can show folder compare results flat or in a tree-style view
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items
- Compares binary files in folder compare as well as text files
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions)
- Archive file support using 7-Zip
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates
- Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats)
// System Requirements //
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable Package
- Administrator rights for the installer
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|