|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
L3DT (short for Large 3D Terrain) is a realistic and high-quality large 3D worlds (both terrain maps & textures) generator on Windows platform. It’s specially designed for game developers and digital artists, developed by Aaron Torpy (the proprietor of Bundysoft) from Australia.
As a lightweight yet comprehensive and powerful game map & texture generator (comes with inbuilt renderer and editor), L3DT provides rich brush tools and precise mapping algorithms. In L3DT, you only need to set some parameters via a wizard in order to quickly generate a realistic map. On the map, you are allowed to cover/add with various landforms, such as mountain, highland, volcano, cliff, erosion, etc., so as to make your artificial world look closer to our real world.
One of the salient features of L3DT is that the storage space for large maps it generates often can be limited within the scope of 100 ~ 200 MB, which greatly reduces the game file size, optimizes the production process of games, and effectively improves the game developer’s work efficiency. What’s more, with help of plugins, L3DT is able to directly export the generated maps to Torque 3D for use. In short, if you want to quickly create a high-quality 3D game world, then L3DT can easily meet this requirement of yours.
// Key Features //
- Designable height fields using a high-level ‘design map’ in which you can specify land altitudes, roughness, lakes, climate, etc.
- A fast and flexible fractal ‘inflation’ based height field generator, including effects such as erosion, terraces and cliffs, volcanoes, mountain peaks, etc (all controlled from the design map).
- An integrated 3D renderer and editor that allows you to easily shape and reshape your terrain using mouse-driven brush tools.
- An automatic disk paging system (A.K.A. map tiling) that supports heightfields up to 128k squared pixels in size (16 gigapixels) and textures up to 4M squared pixels (16 terapixels). Want to make megatextures? No problem!
- A texture generator for high-resolution interpolated ground texture maps, as well as the ability to export alpha maps for run-time ‘texture splatting’.
- A extensible climate modelling engine for controlling the distribution of ground textures, including water-table and salinity modelling. Supports up to 65,000 unique and user-definable land types per map.
- Automatic and manual water-flooding routines, for making sea and lakes at different water levels.
- A fast light mapping module for pre-calculated terrain lighting and shadow casting. Now includes high-resolution light mapping and bump mapping!
- An automated calculation pipeline that allows you to queue-up some or all of your calculations, set the relevant settings, and then walk away while L3DT does its thing. No program baby-sitting is required.
- Support for a broad range of file formats, including common binary terrain formats, image formats, and mesh files. Furthermore, L3DT has a plugin API (‘Zeolite’) that allows users to add even more format options.
// Fan Made Demo Video //
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the L3DT Professional Edition full setups, unlocked files and reg key files for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install L3DT
- Copy the unlocked file to installation folder and overwrite
- Double click the reg key file to import the registration info
*** If any error occurs, run program as administrator.
// Related Links //
- L3DT Video Galleries
- L3DT Users’ Guide
- L3DT Users’ Tutorials
- L3DT Frequently Asked Questions
- L3DT Editions Comparison
- L3DT all supported file formats
// Download URLs //
|Standard Edition (free)||Latest||n/a|
|Professional Edition||v16.05||32-bit | 64-bit||18.6 MB | 19.1 MB|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|