|This article is the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, please make a footnote with our article link!|
Rhino (full name: Rhinoceros, AKA: Rhino3D) is a lightweight but extremely powerful advanced 3D modeling tool with a lot less hardware configuration requirements. Don't dismiss it, because it contains all the NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline) modeling functions. As a matter of fact, many users often use it to perform modeling, and then export high-precision models for other 3D software to use.
Rhino has been active in the fields of industrial design & manufacture in the early years, and good at product appearance modelling. But in the wake of the development of related plug-ins, its application scope became wider and wider. Its simple operation, visual UI are all welcomed by most 3D designers. Nowadays, it has a broad range of applications in architectural design, mechanical design, 3D animation, jewelry, furniture, shoe mold and other industries such as these.
Rhino supports outputting OBJ, DXF, IGES, STL, 3DM and other different formats that applicable to almost any 3D software. In particular, it has significant effect to increase the modelling productivity of the whole 3D work team. As a consequence, for designers who are using 3ds MAX, AutoCAD, Maya, Softimage, Houdini, LightWave or other 3D designing tools, in most cases, Rhino has been the tool you have to learn to use.
// System Requirements //
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2010, 2017 Redistributable Packages
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the Rhino WIP (Work In Process) Edition multilingual full installers along with unlocked files or unlock patch for Windows and Mac OS X (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
// Installation Notes //
Rhino 6.0+ for Windows:
- Download and install Rhino/WIP (do not update, or you will fail)
- Copy the unlocked file 'Rhino.exe' or 'RhinoCore.dll' to installation directory and overwrite
- [This step is not necessary always] Stop the 'McNeel Update Service 5.0' service (run -> services.msc or from Task Manger)
- [This step is not necessary always] Go back to installation directory (like: D:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\System), and delete 'InstallLicense.dll' and/or 'Mcneel.License.dll' files
- Done, enjoy!
// Related Links //
- Learning to use Rhino online
- Rhino Official User's Guide
- Rhino 6 Full Features list
- Rhino Official Gallery
// Download URLs //
|v5.0||Unlock Patch only||20.7 KB|
|v6.0||Setup + Unlocked File||250 MB|
|v6.2||Setup + Unlock Patch||(mir)||245 MB|
|v6.3||Setup + Unlocked File||(mir)||246 MB|
|for Mac OS X|
|v5.2||Setup + Unlock Patch||188 MB|
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us to some more time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|