|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
To extract models from 3D games, in addition to the famous and popular Ninja Ripper, you can also give 3D Ripper DX a try. It can capture the models and textures of any DirectX based program and game during the running process, helping users extract their favorite models from the game for secondary creation.
3D Ripper DX is a small yet professional free tool for DirectX 6,8 and 9 applications analysis, developed by Roman Lut from Ukraine. It is mainly used to quickly extract models from 3D games, including the encrypted models, and without the need to unpack the packaged game files first. The extracted model will be directly exported and saved as 3DR format for further editing in 3D Software.
In detail, 3D Ripper DX is able to capture and extract geometry, textures and shaders from DirectX 6/8/9.x renders on Windows x86 architecture. The captured can be imported into 3DS Max v5.0-9.0, 2009 and 2011 with the accompanying plugin.
The captures are skewed according to the game’s internal field-of-vision value and the active monitor’s aspect ratio, and these values must be supplied to the plugin in order to correct the capture. Alternatively, the tool can be set to capture geometry in Wavefront OBJ format, though this limits the ability to correct the skew. Besides, it can also disable texture rendering and force a wireframe view.
// Key Features //
- Capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;
- Import captured geometry into 3D Studio Max or Maya;
- See what exactly has been drawn by each individual draw call;
- See renderstate, textures, vertex streams, index stream, vertex declaration, vertex and pixel shaders (including HLSL source code if available) of each individual draw call.
// Fan Made Demo Video //
// Prompts //
- The password for the 3D Ripper DX setup package is “ripper“.
- In theory, 3D Ripper DX only supports DirectX 6.x, 8.x and 9.x applications. OpenGL, older versions of DirectX and software renderers are not supported.
- The author has since ceased development on the tool due to lack of interest.
- The import plugin should work with 3ds Max versions 5.0-9.0, 2009 and 2011.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|