|Ⅰ||This article along with all titles and tags are the original content of AppNee. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add an explicit footnote along with the URL to this article!|
|Ⅱ||Any manual or automated whole-website collecting/crawling behaviors are strictly prohibited.|
|Ⅲ||Any resources shared on AppNee are limited to personal study and research only, any form of commercial behaviors are strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may receive a variety of copyright complaints and have to deal with them by yourself.|
|Ⅳ||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by AppNee, please first go to read our F.A.Q. page more or less. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences by yourself.|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.|
V-Ray a revolutionary, high-quality top rendering engine developed by Chaos Group. In fact, it has become the most popular, standardized rendering tool in many industry areas such as engineering, product design, animation design, and so on.
V-Ray for Rhino was released in 2006, which is after it was handed over to ASGVIS company by Chaos Group to transplant and test – cost ten months of time. As a professional 3D renderer plug-in specially designed for Rhino (at present the most popular NURBS modeling tool on Windows) by V-Ray, V-Ray for Rhino provides a high-quality graphics & animation rendering solution for designers. With it, you can make your model design become more realistic and professional. In the end, all Rhino users can easily and quickly use V-Ray for Rhino plugin to get the top rendering effects for their works..
Aiming at the excellent 3D modeling software in different areas (such as 3ds Max, AutoCAD, Maya, Softimage, Houdini, LightWave, etc.), V-Ray provides the corresponding renderer plug-ins (including VRay for 3ds Max, VRay for Maya, VRay for Sketchup, VRay for Rhino and more). They are functionally similar, just mainly in order to meet the needs of different users for high quality images and animation rendering capabilities.
// Key Features //
|Twin-Engine Performance||V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can choose the fastest one for your hardware.|
|Interactive Rendering||Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials and cameras.|
|Global Illumination||Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray’s powerful and fast global illumination.|
|Accurate Lights||Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.|
|Environment Lighting||Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI) of its environment.|
|Sun & Sky||Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.|
|Real-World Cameras||Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance and depth of field.|
|Physical Materials||Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.|
|Detailed Textures||Create detailed and unique materials using texture maps or one of V-Ray’s built-in procedural textures.|
|Proxy Objects||Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models.|
|Render Elements||Render separate layers for more artistic control in image-editing software.|
|Frame Buffer||Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.|
|Render Nodes||Give V-Ray Swarm an added speed boost with cost-effective render node licenses. Render nodes are compatible across V-Ray 3.x applications.|
|V-Ray Scene Export||Share complete, ready-to-render V-Ray 3 for Rhino files with any V-Ray 3.4 or higher application.|
// Official Demo Video //
// System Requirements //
- Windows 64-bit
*** Since Rhino 5.0, it has not supported the 32-bit of Windows any more. Therefore, the corresponding V-Ray for Rhino plugin also started to only provide the 64-bit edition.
// Edition Statement //
AppNee provides the V-Ray for Rhino multilingual full installers and unlocked files (cgauth.dll, vray.dll, vray_BRDFScanned.dll, etc.) for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install V-Ray for Rhino (there is no need to install the License Server)
- Copy the unlocked file ‘cgauth.dll‘ to the following path:
- C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\vrayappsdk\bin\
- Copy the unlocked file ‘vray_BRDFScanned.dll‘ to the following path:
- C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\vrayappsdk\bin\plugins\
*** This might also work with plugins based on V-Ray AppSDK v3.60.xx/v4.00.xx for the other host applications, but that’s not tested.
- Download and install ‘vray_adv_3400x_rhino_5_win_x64.exe’
- Copy the unlocked file (vray.dll) to “C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray 3.4 for Rhinoceros 5\extension\vrayappsdk\bin” and overwrite
- That’s all, enjoy!
- Download and install ‘vray_adv_20026563_rhino5_win_x64.exe’
- Copy the unlocked file (cgauth.dll) to the following 4 locations and overwrite (depends on your System type):
- “ProgramData/ASGVIS/VfR564” or “ProgramData/ASGVIS/VfR532”
- “ProgramData/ASGVIS/Common/x64/vc10/Render Spawner” or “ProgramData/ASGVIS/Common/x32/vc8/Render Spawner”
- “ProgramData/ASGVIS/Common/x64/vc10/Distributed Rendering” or “ProgramData/ASGVIS/Common/x32/vc8/Distributed Rendering”
*** If you are using Windows XP, use “Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data” path in place of “ProgramData” folder
- Download and install ‘vray_adv_150225_rhino4(5)_x86(x64).exe’
- Copy the corresponding unlocked file to the following locations and overwrite (depends on your System type):
- “Rhino/System folder”
- “ProgramData/ASGVIS/Common/x64/vc10/Render Spawner”
- “ProgramData/ASGVIS/Common/x64/vc10/Distributed Rendering”
- Done, enjoy!
*** Note: There are two unlocked DLL files provided. If one does not work, try the other one.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
|If some download link is missing, and you do need it, just please send an email (along with post link and missing link) to remind us to reupload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.|
|If there is a password for an archive, it should be "appnee.com".|
|Most of the reserved downloads (including the 32-bit version) can be requested to reupload via email.|